Extra Chapter: Little Talks

"olivia! it's time to get up!"

i groan as leah's voice fills the room.

"five more minutes!"

"i already gave you ten!"

"but i don't feel good."

"come on olivia, you're getting married next week. we still have things to prepare for." mia grabs my arms, pulling me out of bed.

"hey, watch it! precious cargo!"

"oh please, i think i can pull her out of bed."

leah sighs. "mia, you're not supposed to lift more than 13 kilos when you're pregnant. you should know, this is your second!"

"yea, yea. if it's that big of a deal then you drag her out of the bed."

"but-"

"nope. you do it."

"ugh, fine."

"guys, i'm awake. i just wanted to hear you bicker."

"oh my god. you're terrible." leah says, trying not to laugh.

"aunt olivia!"

i look over, smiling as a little boy runs in the room. i swear, he looks more like reece every day.

"hunter! how are you today?"

"i'm tired."

"tired? you can't be tired!"

"why not?"

"because you're about to go to a party!"

"really?"

"really!"

"yay! katelynn guess what?"

i laugh as he runs back out of the room.

"okay, serious question." leah says, turning to me.

"like?"

"it's very obvious how much you want kids. how long are you and blake planning on waiting? we'd all love to see a mini you or blake running around."

"mia just asked me this last night."

"is there a problem with it?"

i sigh. "leah, we're still young. i want to get a bit further into my business before jumping into starting a family."

"you've had that business open for over a year now, and it's doing fantastic. what else is there to dive into?"

"well, i would like to train people before i go off and get pregnant and have to leave for weeks after i give birth. besides, blake and i haven't really talked about it."

"what?"

i shrug. "it's just never something that we've talked about. i'm sure that we will when the time is right, but-"

"but nothing! starting a family is something you should talk about before you get married."

"what's the big deal?"

"what if you both have completely different ideas on family? what if blake didn't want kids?"

"you and i both know that he wants kids."

"that's not my point. it's important to talk about things like that before you get married."

"what an i even supposed to say?"

"just ask what his timeline is on all of it. see if he wants to wait or rush into it."

i sigh. "fine, i'll talk to him about it after i get ready."