30

chapter thirty; olivia pov

"I'm not speaking to her, so if she's still at the flat make her leave."

"I'm still confused. Why would your mother come back after all these years?"

"I don't know, and I don't want to find out."

We pull into the lot outside of my building, and Blake looks over at me.

"Do you want me to go up there first to see if she's still there?"

I nod. "Please? And can you take Mia with you?"

"Of course. I'll text you if she's still here or not."

"Thank you."

He gets out, unlocking the doors and picking up Mia from the back seat. She had passed out at this point, which is better than the last time she got drunk.

Last time, she was acting like a five year old after they had eaten too much sugar. Let's just say she needed stitches by the end of the night after falling down one of the slides at a playground.

It didn't take long for Blake to text me, saying that the boys had sent her on her way shortly after he left.

The moment I got into the flat everyone was up and walking towards me, asking what all had happened.

"I- I just want to sleep." I say quietly.

They back off immediately, letting me go back to my room alone. I quickly changed into one of Blake's jumpers before laying down, just staring at the wall. I'm probably not going to sleep tonight, as so much is going through my brain right now.

There's a soft knock on the door, making me sit up. The door was already open, and I couldn't see who it was because my eyes had yet to adjust to the sudden light that filled the room.

"Liv?"

I smile weakly at the voice.

"Are you alright?"

"No."

He shuts the door behind him, sitting next to me on the bed.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No."

He nods, leaning back to where his back was against the wall.

"I-" I stop, sighing in defeat.

"Liv?"

"I don't understand. Why now? After sixteen years, why show up? Why even bother?"

"Mothers can be confusing."

"You're not wrong there."

Blake reaches over, intertwining our fingers. "You don't have to see her if you don't want to."

"I don't, but I feel like I should see what she has to say."

"Do you want to though?"

"No."

"I'm here. Don't forget that."

I turn towards him. "If- if I do go, will you come with me? I don't think I can do it alone."

"Of course."

The room goes silent, and I can tell Blake is debating on what to say that could make this situation any better. Not that it could get any better.

"Do you want to watch some reruns of FRIENDS?"

Turns out he does know how to make it better.

"You know me so well."