02

chapter two; olivia pov

"You know, I think this is Sean's way of setting us up."

He has a point. This is the third day in a row that Sean has made both Reece and I get something for the group, whether it was a coffee run or a simple trip to the store.

I look over at him. "Wouldn't surprise me."

"Really?"

"Really. I don't even know the difference between him setting me up and him trying to help me make new friends anymore. It's the same with Mia."

"Well they sure are interested in your love life."

"Tell me about it."

"Do you know why?"

I shrug. "I think they just don't want me to become a workaholic."

"And do you plan on that?"

"No! That is the last thing I want for myself."

"So why are you keeping yourself from dating?"

I look down at my converse.

"You don't have to tell me, I just-"

"I'm afraid of being left again."

He sighs. "I can understand that, given what you've been through with your adoptive parents and everything."

"Most people don't understand that. They tell me that I should be craving the feeling of someone always being there for me, but it's the opposite."

"They're just saying that because they haven't experienced it for themselves."

We walk into the building, and I stop Reece just outside of the door to Sean's flat.

"You can't tell him or Mia about any of this, okay?"

"Why not?"

"Because they'll get mad at me for telling someone I've known for a few days instead of them about why I'm really not dating."

"You have a point." He smiles. "I won't tell them. I promise."

I smile back, opening up the door in the process. "I think you and I will get along just fine."

"Well I would hope so."

"And why is that?"

"Because clearly we will be spending quite some time together if they're trying to set us up. Despite the fact that I have a girlfriend and he doesn't realize it." His voice is quiet towards the end.

"You do?"

"Yea. She's in America right now for work."

"Really?"

"Yep. Imagine Sean's face when I tell him about her."

I laugh, which makes everyone but Blake stop what they were doing and stare at us.

"You're back!" George says, immediately reaching for the drinks.

"I knew they would hit it off!" Sean says not-so-quietly. "Did you see the way they were talking as they walked in?"

"You just know her so well, don't you?" Mia says before walking over to me and grabbing a drink.

I roll my eyes as I walk over to where Blake was still sitting on his phone, handing him a bottle.

"You're welcome, by the way." I say before turning around, earning a glare from Sean at my rude behavior.

"What the bloody hell is your problem?" He asks quietly.