39

chapter thirty-nine; olivia pov

"It's positive."

Her entire face changes as I say those words. She backs up into the door, holding her hands close to her chest.

"Hello?"

She just shakes her head in response.

"Say something"

"What am I going to do?"

"Calm down, it's going to be okay."

"You don't know that!"

"Of course I do! I know how you are with kids, and you're amazing with them!"

"But what if I'm a failure of a mother? I already know that he's not going to be in the picture."

"You know he will be."

"He lives hours away! How the hell is that going to work?"

"Mia, stop. Tell me what happened?"

"I... I don't know! I went out and while I was there I ran into Sean. Next thing I knew I woke up naked in my bed with him next to me. He was just as confused."

"Mia, I told you to stop getting so drunk you black out!"

"I know, and I should've listened! I'm only twenty one, I shouldn't be having a kid!"

"Calm down, this isn't good for you or the baby."

She takes a couple deep breaths.

"How am I going to tell him?"

Her voice isn't as panicked as it was a few seconds ago, but you could still hear it in her voice.

"I'll call him, tell him that I miss him and want to catch up. You find him and then tell him then."

"Will you be there?"

"Of course I will." I wrap my arms around her. "I will always be there. Never forget that."

"What would I do without you?"

"Not be alive?"

She laughs.

"I'll call him now if you like?"

"Uh, yeah. I guess I'll schedule an appointment."

I nod and walk out of the bathroom, sitting down on the couch and grabbing my phone.

The phone call only took a few minutes. Apparently Sean was already in town for some business, so he said that he could come by the flat and hang out with us for a little bit before he has to work again.

"What'd he say?"

"He's on his way."

"What?"

"He was right around the corner for work. Said he could spend a few hours with us before he has to go back."

"Oh, okay"

"Why?"

"They said they could fit me in."

"When?"

"Today."

"Mia"

"He's just going to go with me, so he knows that I'm not lying."

"About what?"

Mia and I both look to the door to Sean standing there, a confused look on his face.

"Sean! How are you?"

You could hear the panic in her voice as she fakes a smile. She walks over to him and drags him further into the living room, motioning for him to sit down on the sofa.