Four

Charlee had decided that she was going to keep her baby. She knew it was hard but she wanted her baby even if she felt scared.

Charlee knew now that she was pregnant, that she needed to find a way to contact Max and tell him. She knew that he had a right to know that she was going to have his baby.

Charlee looked to her phone and sighed. She looked at Max's contact and sighed again. She had gotten his number from Leigh from when he worked at the school. She knew what Max had done and how he had tried to get rid of Rachel. But she knew he had a right to know she was pregnant.

Charlee typed out a text and sighed as she looked at it;

It's Charlee. We need to talk. I'm pregnant and it's yours - Charlee

****

Charlee had sent the text and sighed. She knew it wasn't the best way to tell Max she was pregnant. But she knew he needed to know. He was the father of her baby. He had a right to be involved if he wanted.

She wasn't going to cut him out unlike Kim who was also pregnant had done. Although with what Leigh had told her, Charlee wasn't so sure it was Max's baby.

****

Charlee got to work and stood in the staffroom. She was checking her phone to see if Max had seen her message or replied. But there was nothing. It was making her anxious to think about.

Charlee looked up as Rachel walked into the room and smiled. Rachel walked over to her and smiled. "I spoke to Leigh. I'm glad you're keeping the baby. You'll be a good mum. You're not going through it alone. Leigh is too."

Charlee frowned. "Wait... she's pregnant?"

"Yeah. Didn't she tell you? You don't need Max Tyler," Rachel said as she walked to get a biscuit.

Charlee looked at her and smiled slightly. She felt bad knowing knowing that she couldn't tell Rachel how she had in fact reached out to Max Tyler about the baby.

****

Charlee walked into Leigh's classroom and smiled as she saw her. "You look terrible. Although pregnancy does that to you. Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

Leigh smiled. "I was going to.  You had your own thing going on," she said as she put her phone down.

Charlee smiled and sat on the desk. "You're my sister. You should have told me still," she said.

Leigh nodded and took Charlee's hand. "I know. Are you okay? I know you're feeling so scared and alone but you're going to have a baby who will love you more than anything. And that's what is important right now. Not Max Tyler. That baby," Leigh said.

Charlee smiled. She knew how right that Leigh was.

****

Charlee sat in her classroom as the door opened. "Can you wait outside," Charlee said, thinking it was her next class.

"No. I think we need to talk."

Charlee looked up and frowned as she saw Max in front of her and paled. "Max."

"I think we need to talk over that baby and how you're getting rid," Max said.

Charlee looked at him and glared. Not expecting him to suggest such a thing.