Nine

Charlee stood in shock as she looked to Max.  He was stood in front of her.  "What do you want?" She asked.

Max looked to her and sighed.  "Is that anyway to talk to the father of your child?"

Charlee looked to him and sighed.  "No. But I don't count you as that. I count you as the jerk who messed up the school. Who knocked me up. And did a runner as he is too chicken to face his responsibilities," she said as Max looked to her and sighed.

He didn't blame her for hating him. He knew what he had done.  He knew how much that he had messed up. 

"I know what I have done Charlee. I know how I have a lot of making up to do. But please. Let me try and make it up to you. I want to see how you and the baby are. I want to be there for you both," he said as Charlee looked to him and sighed.

She knew how much that she wanted to stick by him. She knew that she was pregnant. But she couldn't. She knew the harm that he had caused. And she hated it.

"I don't trust you Max. I don't need you. Just go back to where you came from. And leave me alone," Charlee said as she slammed the door.

She knew that she couldn't deal with Max Tyler and his games. She knew that she had more important things on her mind.

****

Charlee got to work and stood in the staffroom. Her head was a mess over how max had turned up out of the blue and she just wanted to forget it.

She looked as Leigh and Tom walked in as they stood talking.
Charlee frowned as they glanced to her.

Leigh walked over to her sister. She smiled as she looked to her.  Charlee sighed. "What's going on?" Charlee asked.

She knew that she wasn't an idiot. She knew that something was going on.

"It's erm...Max he is here. I thought that you should know," Leigh said as Charlee looked to her.

She cursed to herself.  "Of course he is. He turned up to my flat this morning. I told him to get lost. And now he's here. It's just too much to deal with. Especially after what he did," Charlee said. 

Leigh looked to her and smiled.  "I know he's messed you about. But he won't do it again. I promise," she said as Charlee smiled. 

****

Charlee walked into the office and looked to Max. "Why are you here?" She asked. 

Max looked to her. He sighed.  "I told you. I want to make amends," he said.

Charlee looked to him. She rolled her eyes.  "Do you really think that after all you have done, everyone that you have hurt, that you will ever make amends for it?"

Max looked to her.  "I have to try Charlee," he said. 

Charlee looked to him. She  rolled her eyes and sighed.  "You should leave Max," Charlee said as she walked out of the office.

She had no idea how Max wasn't planning on leaving at all. He was bing to do all he could to get her back.