Six

Charlee walked into work and smiled as she saw Leigh. "Hey. Are you okay?" Leigh asked.

Charlee looked to her sister and sighed. "I guess so. Things are just a mess. That's all. I hate it. I hate how I have to raise this baby alone. But I know it's the best thing," Charlee said.

Leigh smiled as she looked at her. "I know. But I promise you that you're not alone. I know I'm not the baby's father. But I am here. And I'm going to help you," Leigh told her.

Charlee smiled slightly. She looked at her sister. She was thankful for her sister. And how supportive she was being. "Thanks. It means a lot. I wanted to have Max here when I had a baby. But I'm not having an abortion because of him. This baby doesn't need him," she said as she rested a hand on her stomach.

Leigh grinned and nodded. "Oh you're right there. He made the baby. It doesn't mean he's ready to be a father. He's been a jerk to you. And you don't need him. I guess it's safe to say that you're better off without him," said Leigh as Charlee smiled.

Charlee knew she was right. But she knew part of her wanted him.

****

Charlee sat in her classroom and sighed. She sat looking at her phone. She looked up as Rachel walked in and smiled. Rachel looked at Charlee with a smile on her face. "Are you okay love?" Rachel asked.

"I'm fine Rach. It's just one of those weeks," Charlee told her. She knew that it was hard.

"You're thinking about him aren't you?" Rachel asked.

Charlee looked to her and nodded. "I wish I wasn't. I can't help it. I know we weren't together really. But he is the father. And I just wish he was here. I wish he wanted this too. But all he seems to do is bully me into stuff. And I'm not letting him bully me into an abortion. It's too much," Charlee told her.

Rachel smiled and took her hand. "I know it's not what you want to hear. But Max Tyler is nothing but a bully. And I mean it when I tell you that you and that baby are better off without him. I know it's hard. But it's true. He tried to bully you into an abortion. You know I'm right," Rachel said as Charlee looked to her and sighed.

Charlee knew that Rachel was right. But part of her wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. She wanted to do it because of the baby more than anything. 

****

Charlee sat in her flat and sighed. She looked to her phone and sighed. She knew how she wanted to call Max and tell him
She was keeping the baby.

She knew that she wanted him to be supportive about it. But she knew Max. And she knew it was the last thing he was going to do. And she hated it.

Charlee put her phone down and sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. She knew she was keeping her baby.  She knew Max was complete jerk. But he was gone. And she was going to have to do it alone.

Charlee had no idea how she was going to end up coming back into her life again.