Chapter Nine - The New Plan

- - -

Zayn's point of view.

- - -

Tattered shorts, a dark tank top and denim jacket. Converse sneakers. Hair waved and natural. A light vanilla perfume. Blinking green-blue eyes, fingers pulling at the hem of the barely-there shorts, body fidgeting. 

She set my blood boiling.

"Have a seat, Ivy," Dan, one of our Management's men, said to Ivy. Business-talking smiles and watching eyes stared down Ivy as she sat in one of the chairs at the long meeting table.

"Hello," she softly mumbled, instantly filling my arms with goosebumps. 

"I think you know why we asked you to come in, Ivy," Dan said, smiling at Ivy.

"No," she played. She knew why she was here. Liam threw a quick glance at me; I looked at my feet. "I don't know why."

"You know this whole break-up scandal will be a definite threat to Zayn's career." The sound of my name caused me to look up, right into her eyes. She holds the gaze for a second, then her eyes are glued to Dan and his worried look.

"I understand," Ivy said straightly. "But it was the truth, and something I felt needed to be shared."

Dan sighed. "Yes..." He shuffled papers. I heard Liam clear his throat next to me.

"Have we heard from Sugarscape?" Liam asked, and I watched for the responce.

"They want to post the video, with Ivy's comment," another Management man said. "They will refuse to take it out unless given Ivy's consent."

Everyone's eyes shifted to Ivy, who sat picking at her shorts. "I... I don't know," she said.

"Why are you doing this?"

My own voice surprised me. And it definitely surprised Ivy. In a second, her eyes went from shocked to narrow beads, her eyes filled with anger. It was something that surprised me.

"Are you kidding me, Zayn!?" She spit, shaking her head.

She talked to me. My mouth went dry, and I turned away, confused. Liam noticed, and shifted in his seat.

"I have something we could try," Liam started. Dan nodded at him to continue.

"Well, Louis had talked to Ivy and one of the producers of the interview an hour or so ago," Liam said. Everyone listened intently to what he said; it was our first time hearing what he had figured out, besides Ivy. "Sugarscape hasn't posted anything about the interview, no previews or anything. No one knows this interview was being conducted."

"Go on," Dan said. I nodded, and Ivy continued to stare at the ground.

"Also... None of us boys knew about this whole... 'break-up', not even," Liam took a breath. "So we decided Zayn needed to make it up to us. And to Ivy."

I watched Liam with so much intensity it hurt. What was going on?

"If Ivy agrees, we will asked Sugarscape to stall the video, post it in a month or so. In the meantime..." Liam said slowly, then his voice getting faster and faster as he finished. "Ivy will be living with us, completing the wish list given to her by Zayn, fulfilling his promise to her and paying back Zayn for lying to us."

Everything was quiet.

"Brilliant!" Dan said. "Press will see the two together, assume it's a girlfriend, and when the video is released, it'll show the truth, but it will look like Zayn and Ivy are on good terms again!"

Still silence. I then realized my mouth was hanging open, sweat budding on my skin.

"What?" I squeeked.

Then -

"What!?" 

I turned my head towards the sound. Eyes bulging and mouth agape, I realized Ivy wasn't aware of this plan.

Louis Tomlinson was dead.

- - -

Ivy's point of view.

- - -

THIS WAS NOT DISCUSSED.

A million thoughts ran through my head. Louis had suggested money, no contact again, posting the video - NOTHING about me having to live with Zayn.

And completing the wish list!?

There was no way.

"There's no way," I said, anger rising. "I... No."

Liam looked at me apologeticly, but Dan was the one to talk. "Ivy, this will be easier for all of us," he said, a forced smile on his face. "You won't have to deal with press in your face, demanding answers - you won't have to deal with any of this after a month or two!"

A month - or two!?

I couldn't even look at Zayn - he was staring at the floor anyway. He was as shocked as I was. He didn't want me there as much as I didn't want to be around with him.

His nothing, living with him. Ha, he wouldn't be able to bear it.

"Please Ivy," Liam said slowly. "Think for a minute."

I looked back at the brown-eyed boy. Liam was protecting Zayn, I knew. This wasn't about me. But something in me snapped, and I found myself really thinking about it.

"I..." I tried to protest.

"It would be your best option, Ms. Lane," Dan said.

I looked at Zayn, before giving my consent.

"O...Okay."

- - -

Zayn's point of view.

- - -

What.

Did she just say...

Okay!?

I was dreaming.

I was.

But as the papers was pushed across the table, Ivy signing them for Sugarscape not to post the videos for a while, I stared, mouth hanging open.

I was going to be living with Ivy.

Ivy.

This couldn't be happening.

- - -

OKAY BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN.

This is a short, almost introduction chapter to what's ahead. I haven't even really begun my plot line on ya, so... hope this stirs up a little drama for you. ;) x

Next chapters will be longer, understand this was just to get the story moving. Sorry to dissapoint.

Love you all. x