Chapter Four - Awkward Encounter

Author's Note: Over 2,000 views. Holy potatoes.

You guys... *gets all emotional and sniffly and grabs thousands of tissues*

You all are so wonderful. Thank you for being the greatest readers a writer could have. x

So comment goes to: aprilannie99! She said: "Was he dropped on his head as a baby?

... and to this I say: I hope you didn't scare your mom! Haha. x You're wonderful, thank you so much for your comment! :)

special shout-outs to rawrsalsa and Kaleidocope_Hearts for comments that made me smile. :)

so with that - let's start this story!

OH - and some of you don't like swearing: and I'm sorry. but it's sometimes needed for the depth of the writing, emotion-wise. I apologize. :(

side-picture is another of me, because you stalkers asked for it. x and a video of PENTATONIX. they're AMAZING.

- - -

Holy shit, breathe. HOLY SHIT, BREATHE.

In, out, in, out - I just tried to focus on breathing. I felt like Rachel was acting like a snail to react; taking her time to smile at me and respond. "Oh, hello. Ivy, yes?" She said slowly. Too slowly.

I gulped. Don't say my name! I wanted to scream, feeling my hands sweat. "Yeah, I mumbled. "Um, Lisa... needs you in the other room..."

"Oh! Alright, dinner time," Rachel smiled. You stupid, oblivious idiot. I swallowed, and turned to leave when I heard my name - again.

One more time, Rachel, say it one more time.

"Ivy, we're going to the same place. Just stay in here and we'll walk together! I'll almost done," she said with a sweetness so sick it hurt my stomach. I blinked and felt myself walk over to Rachel, who was grinning and patting her seat where she had slid over to make me room. 

There were whispers, trying to be oblivious - well, they were oblivious to one person, but not to the person they were obviously talking about. Rachel continued to talk aimlessly to me as the five boys across from us mumbled back and forth. 

"Her ass is not better than mine, Haz!" Louis.

"But it is!" Harry. "It may not be bigger... But it's like, firmer!"

"Liam, I swear, I know her!" Niall. 

"Niall, I know you do, we all do." Liam.

"You guys. Shut up." Zayn. And that was the end of the whispering.

"Boys, just a few more questions," Rachel said. The eyes were brought back to our area, but I was sure the only one not looking at me and Rachel was Zayn. I bit my lip and stared at my hands fidgeting in my lap. This was not happening.

"Ask away," Liam said. He was always the calm one; the one who could make an awkward situation less awkward. God bless Liam Payne. I sighed as the boys all relaxed and turned their attention towards Rachel. All execpt one of course, who sat, still ridged and uncomfertable, staring holes into Rachel's shoes.

"So tell me how recording your new album has been?" Rachel asked, and the boys all started talking - except for the one. God, say something, I wanted to scream. You broke up with me, you should be fine. But no, you didn't even break up with me - so stop it.

"It's going great," he finally croaked, voice low.

It was too much. Even sitting in the same room with him, so many questions left unanswered and eyes averted, hurt like hell. I waited for Rachel to finish asking her stupid questions, with her stupid pen scribbling answers, with the stupid boy band smiling and answering like stupid good little boys.

"Alright last question," Rachel cheered, as well as cheers from the boys and a sigh of approval from me. Finally. "So who's single?"

Really, Rachel? Really? That question?

I watched one... two... three... four... hands rise. And then, one more. All five boys sat grinning, hands high. I gulped, ignoring the pinging in my head. Perrie?

"But what about Perrie Edwards, Zayn?" Rachel questioned. Stop! my heart screamed. Stop before I explode! This is too much!

"Um, we aren't dating, just friends," he said slowly.

"Alrighty boys, we're done." I almost jumped from the chair before I heard Rachel begin to talk again. "Do any of you want food? We're having fondue!"

The room went dead silent. Because wherever this food was, I was going too. And I knew at least one person who did not want to be around me.

And what about the other girls? Did they know we were all here? They had to, but it made no sense.

"I do, actually," I heard Niall say, staring at me. 

"I'll go with you," Louis piped up, "but I think just us two will be joining you." He looked at Liam, who was grabbing Zayn and Harry and pulling them towards the exit.

"Alright, bye boys!" Rachel said as the three boys left. And slowly, our eyes locked - his golden brown ones to my light ones. I pulled away, looking back to Rachel. Go away, Zayn, I pleaded in my head, my heart aching. Just go.

I heard the door close, and another as well - Rachel had already opened the door and ran out with Louis. Which meant... I turned to see Niall, standing next to me, eyes wide.

"I know you," he said slowly. "I just... don't remember how I know you."

I gulped. He really didn't know. "I'm... Ivy," I said softly. "I'm... Me, Zayn..." I didn't have to finish before his eyes got even bigger and he started nodding.

"Oh..." Niall said. "Oh, oh I understand now!"

I smiled the smallest smile I could, moving towards the door. But Niall stayed where he was, feet planted. I looked back at him, but now he had a small frown on his face.

"You know, you really hurt him Ivy," he said.

What?

I stared back at the blue eyed boy in shock. "Excuse me?" I squeaked. Niall kept nodding, deep in thought.

"You know... When you broke up with him."

- - -

I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE GONNA HATE ME FOR:

1. Such a SHORT chapter
2. Such a AWFUL cliff hanger!

But I can explain!!!

It's going to be really hard for me to post anything tomorrow night and maybe Sunday night as well - due to the fact I'm still on vacation, and I have a flight and ect. It was really hard for me to find time to type TONIGHT, but I just had free time, and you guys have been wanting a chapter.

So I'm honestly really sorry!

But I had to post something. :(

Please don't hate me. Just know the next few chapters are going to get REALLY good!!!! x

And something to look forward to - a chapter in ANOTHER POINT OF VIEW!!!

so sorry again, forgive me please. xxx