Chapter Fifteen - Change.

- - -

Point of view, Ivy.

- - -

"It's definitely the beach."

Tessa cackled into the other end of the line. "Nah, Ivy," she replied. "Your favorite part is the shirtless guys."

I smiled. "Nope, I'd rather see you then these dorks shirtless." I watched five figures down below  in the waves and shook my head. "Miss you, Tess. Lots."

"Miss you too, Ivy. When you coming home?"

"Don't know," I sighed. My eyes flicked back to the water and four figures. One of the boys was walking up towards me. "Oh," I said to him as he got closer. "Hi Zayn."

"Zayn's there?" Tessa said on the other line. Zayn gave me a nod and turned to sit next to me, and I focused back on Tessa. "You should go."

"Probably should. Bye Tess," I said. "Love you, miss you."

"Love you too," she said, before yelling, "Come home!"

Clicking off the phone, I turned to Zayn. "Ivy?" He questioned. I nodded. The two of us were sitting on a wooden path before the entrance to the beach, watching the boys splash around in the water below. It was already the third day of the trip; yesterday just being a cool down from traveling day. I had slept most of it - the boys had as well. Today we were all up bright and early; we had been up till six this morning. I leaned back, stretching my arms back to keep myself up. The beach looked stunning; it was only eight o'clock.

Zayn sat straight up next to me. "Miss her?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "But... This place, this vacation was needed." I watched him smile, still looking out at the boys.

Since jumping out of the boat together the first night, nothing much had changed - except for our attitudes towards each other. We were talking; actually having conversation with Zayn made me feel loads better - like talking was our way of repairing. Obviously we weren't gonna be best friends over night and there was still some hostility - but this was way better.

"So Zayn," I said, watching him. "What do we got planned for today?"

He looked at me and gave me a crooked half-smile. "We should ask Liam," he smirked, referring to our list. I let out a laugh, knowing he was still looking at me. I could see his smile growing the tinest bit. 

"Let's walk down there, yeah?" I said sitting up, swiftly sliding into the sand. "I wanna get my feet wet."

I started walking, and behind me, I heard his feet plop in the sand. "Okay, Ivy."

A flutter in my stomach.

We could be friends, we could be enemies - but one thing that would never change was the butterflies I got when Zayn says my name. As much as we were trying to change and get over the past - they could stay as long as they wanted. I didn't really mind it.

They reminded me of the old times.

- - -

Point of view change, Zayn.

- - -

"I'm going to get Allie from the airport," Louis announced.

We were all on the top level, sprawled about in the living room. Niall and I were on the couch, Liam laying on the floor. Ivy was curled up in a big, distressed-leather chair with Harry sitting on the floor, leaning up against it. Louis walked towards the door before giving us a wave and heading out. "What to do now, lads?" Niall said.