Chapter Eight - The Aftermath

Author’s Note: I’m at school.

And it’s really awkward, trying to write during school, but I need to get another chapter up and this is just what I’m going to have to do.

Every two words, I’m like AH someone’s looking.

I’m in my AP photo class. So aka, nothing to do.

SO I TYPE. AND MAKE Y’ALL HAPPY.

So.

On a side note - WHO ELSE IS OBSESSED WITH RED. TSwift has done it again.

Ahhhhhh this is so awkward help me okay bye.

- - -

Point of view, Ivy.

- - -

“I, ah, I, uh…” she stuttered, biting on the end of her fingernail.

The first time Rachel didn’t have something obnoxious and annoying coming out of her mouth. But I wasn’t enjoying it.

“Next question?” I mumbled.

All eyes were on me. I felt the lights ten times brighter, the stares ten times harsher, and my heart beating a million times faster.

“Next question,” Allie suddenly said, forcefully. Thank God. The other girls just stared.

“Oh!” Rachel blushed, her eyes moving from me to Allie, back to me, and then at the cameraman. “We’ll cut that little stumble out,” she mumbled, and then turned to us. “Ivy, how did you handle that?”

Oh.

More questions for me? I wasn’t expecting that.

“Well, I…” How did I handle it? Or was I still handling it? Obviously poorly, because here I sat, ratting out my ex-boyfriend who hadn’t broken up with me but had killed my heart in the process, who probably didn’t even care for this interview, and will wave off my pathetic attempt at revenge with the back of his hand.  But deep inside, I almost didn’t care. I knew what I was doing; it was what I had to.

“Just perfectly,” I said softly.

Finally, Rachel shifted her attention and continued with the other girls. “Who here is single?”

The girls went around, Allie and I raising our hands, Tiff, Jen, and Ava talking about their current romances, Jen even flashing the sparkling engagement ring. We talked a bit longer, then Rachel smiled, hopefully pleased.

“It was great talking with you girls.” We all mumbled our goodbyes, and – cut.

The interview was done.

Rachel had run off, cameraman behind her full sprint, tech people cleaning up remains. Lisa, the other Sugarscape girl, was there as well.

“We’ll take you girls out to lunch now,” she smiled, and we all nodded, following her. The other three girls said nothing to me, but as we walked, Allie took my hand in hers and squeezed.

“I’m proud of you,” she said soft.

“For what?” I asked, staring at the blonde.

She turned to me and offered a half smile before answering.

“For being brave.”

- - -

Point of view change, Zayn.