𝖔𝖓𝖊

"Mina! Mina! Mina!" You came bursting through the dorm door with two sharing buckets of fried chicken and set them down on a table. "I just saw the prettiest boy with red and white hair and his eyes were two different colours and best of all— he was rich as hell."

"Woah y/n! How'd you manage to meet someone like that already? If things don't work out between you guys, make sure to introduce me to him!" Ashido laughed.

"That's the sad part." You frowned. "I don't know his name, or age, or anything about him. I just happened to bump into him."

"Damn, that's rough girl." Ashido sympathised in between taking large bites out of her chicken. "Maybe you'll have better luck with the next guy."

You grudgingly chewed at a chicken piece and nodded. "God I hope so. I think this guy was familiar though, like I'd seen him somewhere."

"I swear y/n, if you say something like 'he's the man of my dreams' we can't be friends anymore." Ashido deadpanned.

"Shut up." You chuckled, "it's nothing like that. His face is just really familiar. But there's no way I know someone that rich." You shrugged it off. "Whatever, I'll whine about this another time. What time is that opening party thing at?"

"Oh yeah I almost forgot about that. Don't worry, it starts at 5 but I heard some third years around campus saying no one really shows up until 7 at least." Ashido assured you.

"Uh— Mina, I hate to break it to you but it's a little past 6 already." You said, showing her your watch.

"Huh? No way! My clock there says it's still 4."

You looked at her clock, sitting on her pillow for the time being. "The seconds hand isn't moving, your clock might be broken." You suggested.

In a panic, Ashido checked her phone. "Crap you're right! We need to get dressed!"

~•~

An hour and five meltdowns later, Ashido declared that she was ready. You looked up from your phone and beamed at her. "Mina you look stunning!"
This was no lie—
She wore a v neck black dress that reached about mid-thigh, with sleeves that just passed her elbows and a golden belt to compliment the outfit.

"And you look like over cooked rice, why on Earth are you not dressed?" Ashido questioned.

"Huh? Oh I won't take long. I'll just wear jeans with a nice top and it'll be fine right?"

Ashido shook her head at you. "Y/n, y/n, y/n. This is a chance to leave an impression and make friends remember? You have to look your best out here."

"I- uh. I didn't bring any of my dresses." You mumbled, not yet willing to admit that the ones you had were shabby as hell and not fit to be worn to parties.

"Aren't you lucky then? I've a whole load of them!" Ashido grinned and threw open the doors to her wardrobe. She wasn't kidding, there was little space left to fit any more clothes in there. She flicked through the dresses, eventually settling for a pastel purple dress. It was similar in length to her own but with a halter neck. "Hurry! We don't want to be any later than we already are!"

Ashido and you both arrived at a decent time, with many other first years also filing in through the doors. "Oh that's Kirishima!" Ashido exclaimed. "You good to mingle on your own y/n? I just saw someone from my high school."

"Yeah of course, just call or text me if anything comes up." You smiled and the two of you quickly exchanged phone numbers before parting ways.

You walked around for a while, trying to spot a familiar face but failed, so you ended up calling Modoriya. "Y/n-chan? Where are you?"