𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"y/n, sweetie—"

"no." you snapped, glaring at your mom. "don't you dare try to defend him right now."

"y/n, he's just visiting."

"then what's all this talk about needing emergency money?"

she fell silent.

"katsuki, can you wait outside?" you asked him. he looked at you for a few seconds to make sure you'd be okay before stepping back and closing the door on his way out.

your dad spoke up. "it's been a while, y/n."

"don't fucking speak to me unless i speak to you."

"y/n, don't be so rude!" your mother scolded.

"i don't think my manners should be your top concern right now." you said coldly. "explain what's happening. why is he in our house?"

she sat you down, away from your father and explained the whole situation. how he showed up at her doorstep while it was pouring rain. how he apologised for leaving when things got tough. how he wanted to come back. how he wasn't financially stable at the moment, but that he would be able to fix everything if only he could take a loan from someone.

"and you just believed him?" you shouted. "mom, he left us. he left so early on in my life that i don't even remember him. i know him face from pictures, mom. he's never been around when it mattered so why is he here now? because he's in a rut? because he needs money? and you're just going to accept that?"

"i won't trust him blindly anymore y/n. but some people deserve second chances." she said softly.

"not him." you insisted. "i grew up telling the people around me that i don't have a dad. i don't care how they interpret that because it's true that i didn't have a father to raise me. i had you. i've only ever had you. he can't push and shove his way back into our lives when he was the one who chose to leave in the first place."

"y/n, just talk to him. listen to him just once." your mom pleaded.

"why? so he can put fantasies and false hope in my head? so he can manipulate me the way he's got you wrapped around his finger? no. i don't want to speak to you right now either." you stood up, grabbing your phone and purse. "i'm spending the night somewhere else today. i'll come back in the morning to talk about this and hopefully you'll have regained your senses mom."

once outside, all the ferocity you displayed indoors disappeared and you stood there in a daze until bakugou was waving in your face. "what's your next step?" he asked.

"...sleep. i need to sleep."

"do you have a place to sleep in?" touya cut in.

"you came." you smiled weakly.

"of course. now answer the question."

"shoto." you responded. "i'm going to call shoto."

~•~

todoroki was quick to hurry over to you, he hailed a cab and paid the driver extra to break all sorts of road rules just to reach you faster. you sent bakugou away to return the stolen bike and texted mina a very disoriented text briefly explaining your situation.

touya waited with you outside your doorstep, both of you shivering in the evening breeze. "you can go back home now touya."

"and leave you here on your own?"

"...nevermind. i might hold it against you forever if you really walked away from me right now. i'd take it as a personal attack."

"now i'm tempted." touya joked, making you crack a grin.

"i cant believe my dad came back." you chuckled. "after all the absent father jokes i made with izuku, this just feels so— staged."

"he's still an absent father. he will be, until you accept him back. and you don't have to, that's up to you entirely y/n."

"thank you, touya. i'd be a mess if i didn't have someone to talk to right now."

"you are a mess right now. i don't think you've looked in a mirror lately." he chuckled.

panicked, you pulled out your phone camera and sure enough, your makeup was disastrous. "you tell me now?"

"sorry, was i supposed to point out your smudged eyeliner when you were mid breakdown?"

"yes!" you huffed.

"y/n."

you looked up to see todoroki opening a cab door for you. "you need somewhere to stay for the night right?" he asked.

"yeah, i do."

"i've booked a hotel room for you." he explained. "and your roommate gave me clothes for you to change into."

you left touya's side to approach todoroki, ignoring the door he held open for you and instead wrapped your arms around his torso, burying your face into his chest.

"this is the second time you're ruining my shirt y/n." he announced, but there was no bite to his words. he stroked your hair gently until you stepped away. "better now?"

you nodded slightly, turning around and waving bye to touya. "i'll introduce you both properly next time." you told them, and neither of them had any objection.

todoroki gave you the room card and escorted you to the door like the gentleman he was, bidding you good night and turned to take his leave.

"wait." you stopped him in his tracks. "can you stay? i don't want to be alone right now."

he nodded quietly and followed you into the room, waited for you to come out of the bathroom after a shower and getting changed. todoroki tucked you into bed and spoke to you in a low voice, soothing you until you fell asleep. todoroki too, closed his eyes, his head resting on the side of the bed and his hands clasped around yours. but even in the safety of todoroki's company, your sleep remained restless, dreading what you had to face in the morning.

~•~

touya and y/n are not love interests.

i just wanted to clarify that they have a sibling type bond

also i had zero motivation to write tbh but someone requested really nicely and it was just so sweet and not demanding so <3 here you go lovely <33

this chapter is defo not proof read i'm sleep deprived writing this ok gn i'm heading out