𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

suggested dress for later on in the chapter, but of course you're free to imagine something else!!

~•~

"mina i need help." you burst through the door, out of breath and hair a mess. not that your hair was ever particularly tame in the first place.

"y/n? what's up?" mina sat on her bed in her pyjamas, eating out of a tub of ice cream with tears streaming down her face.

"wait, mina what's wrong?" you asked out of concern. mina pointed to her laptop screen which was paused on Ash Lynx's face. "oh you poor thing, why would you watch banana fish at night? the only way you'll sleep now is if you pass out from dehydration."

"but i drank water?"

"and you'll cry it all out." you chuckled. "should i watch with you? we can cry together."

"mamas you're the best!" mina grinned, tugging at your arm to which you eventually plopped down on her bed in response. "wait, you came here to say something though right?"

"it's not important, don't worry bae." you assured her.

"y/n..."

"no i swear, it really doesn't matter.

she raised an eyebrow at you. "spill."

"...i was gonna ask if you could help me get dressed for that party yaoyorozu invited us to."

mina sprung up from her bed, almost knocking over her laptop in the process. "are you feeling alright?"

"hey,, it's not that weird." you mumbled.

"y/n, you're choosing to go to a party where you'll have to socialise with people. and make small talk. you hate small talk! and you're doing this, willingly?"

"...shoto said he'd like it if i went."

"shoto? not todoroki? did you finally put the kid out of his misery and kiss him or—"

"mina!" you exclaimed. "it's nothing like that, i promise. i just happened to get a little closer to him recently."

she smiled, pleased with your answer. "that's progress. my girl's going to be swimming in cash soon." she said, while dramatically wiping away a fake year.

"i'm starting to regret asking you for help now." you sighed.

"nuh uh. take that back right now. lets get you all dolled up sweetheart." mina beamed and ran to her wardrobe. "let me find something that'll look amazing on you."

you remained seated on the bed, waiting for mina to work her magic until it occurred to you that mina wasn't prepared herself. "why aren't you ready to go to the party?"

"i wasn't planning on going."

"what? but mina, you love parties!"

"you weren't planning to go." she shrugged.

"what's that got to do with anything?"

"i'm not an idiot y/n, i was clearly only invited since i'm your friend, and i don't want to be a freeloader who shows up when the guest of honour doesn't."

"mina..." you trailed off before you approached her to envelop her in a back hug. "you don't have to overthink it so much, you were invited so you have every right to go. besides, weren't you the one lecturing me about not passing up opportunities to interact with billionaires?"

"you know i was kidding. i'd rather you be happy and broke than rich and miserable." mina scolded.

"you're missing the point, money can buy anything mina." you laughed.