𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"y/n, you can't just steal a curtain from a rented venue and tie it to the balcony to get down. what if the knot unties?"

"shoto, help me out here! you're the one who agreed to run away with me." you grumbled.

"there's a thing called the front door too, y/n."

"you want me to risk being seen leaving a party with you? i not attempting to make it to the front page newspaper headlines and be called a gold digger just yet." you chuckled.

"and you think climbing down a curtain tied to the balcony is less risky?" he cocked an eyebrow at you.

"one hundred percent. come on, you're my partner in crime, no backing out now!" you laughed and he, although reluctantly, helped you tie the knot securely before climbing down ahead of you to ensure it was safe.

you followed shortly after, smiling from ear to ear. "see? it's perfectly safe!"

"let's not do that again." shoto sighed, seeming a little concerned for you.

"what? but i thought the whole escaping the tower all rapunzel style was super cool." you protested to which he only shook his head with a soft smile.

"what did you have in mind when you asked me run away with you?"

"...i didn't actually have a plan, i just wanted to get out of there." you admitted. "but now, i have a pretty decent idea of what to do."

"and that is?"

"just trust me on this! let me show you what it's like to live like a middle class person for a day!" you beamed, and grabbed todoroki's hand before taking off in a jog, dragging him along with you. "come on, it'll be fun, i promise!"

~•~

"ow, ow, ow, ow, ow—"

"we can stop for a break you know?" todoroki reminded.

"what do you take me for, a weakling? sometimes, yes. right now? absolutely not." you insisted. "but i might take off my heels when running because they're a fucking pain in the ass."

"are they that bad?"

"wanna try them?" you offered.

"i'm pretty sure we don't have the same feet sizes." he pointed out.

"it's not the size of the heels sweetheart, it's the height of these things that make them unbearable. stilettos are a fucking weapon, i'm telling you."

"sure."

"wait, really?"

"yeah, i'll try them."

beaming, you took off your heels and placed them in front of him. he struggled a bit at first, but managed to walk around a few steps. "i feel like i'm going to fall." he mumbled, waddling awkwardly around the pavement.

you couldn't stop laughing at how concentrated he looked. "try running in those."

"no thank you. i think my respect for women who run in heels have just shot up." todoroki stated, but flailed his arms when he lost his balance.

"woah there princess shoto." you chuckled, stabilising him by holding his arm. "i think you should wear your shoes again."