Geralt

Geralt woke abruptly from his sleep; sweaty and his heart pounding. Something dark and dangerous plagued his mind. There was evil close by. He was sure of it.
Elena stirred, moaned, then rolled out of his arms and onto her side. The small movement brought him back to the present. He took a deep, steadying breath. He was still naked from those intimate hours with Elena. His heart jumped at the memory.
Beautiful Elena: wanting and willing in his arms.
Focus, he shook his head slightly and tried to push the thought of her from his mind while he reached out with his senses, searching for the darkness that had woke him... and found nothing.
Just a dream?
Geralt wasn't supposed to dream.
He also wasn't supposed to feel human emotion, but what he felt tonight could only be described as human.

Elena was sound asleep, with her back to him, her creamy, soft skin luminous in the darkness.
He brushed his fingers down her spine enjoying the cool, smooth feel of her. He sighed contentedly. He was about to loose himself in her tranquil presence, when he felt his medallion tremble against his chest. He held it tightly in his hand. Someone was up to no good.
Khron...
He dropped a soft kiss on top of Elena's head. He smiled as an incoherent mumble came from her mouth. "I'll be back before you wake," he whispered to her sleeping form.
He slipped silently out of the sheets and dressed himself in the dark. It wasn't truly dark to him at all. His iris' expanding, soaking up the tiniest particles of light. He didn't bother with the green doublet, it restricted his movement too much.

He moved silently through the castle passages, easily manoeuvring his way in the darkness towards Khron's study. The light shone through the bottom of the door. Geralt didn't bother knocking.
Khron was bent over his desk, his head lost in an ancient book. He was too absorbed in his work to hear Geralts approach. He was stood only a metre away from his desk. Geralt crossed his arms in front of him and cleared his throat.
Khron didn't startle like Geralt had hoped. He raised his head slowly and squinted at him with his grey eyes. "Ah! Geralt!" He exclaimed. "You are never going to believe the discovery I have made. I almost can't believe it myself..."
"I'll start with her blood. In all humans, once the blood leaves the body it takes approximately ten minutes to clot. However, it's been almost three hours and her blood has remained completely unchanged!" His words coming out in an excited babble.
"That's not the most incredible thing however! Her blood contains a compound I have never encountered in my lifetime. I don't even have the tools or resources to decipher it. Do you know what this means Geralt?"
Geralt shook his head, remaining silent, waiting patiently for prattle to come to a conclusion.
"It means... That she is not from this world. Oh but that's not all my boy!" As he talked he began stacking his research neatly into piles.
"I read almost every book in my library until I came upon this one," his hand resting meaningfully across leather bound book. It looked ancient, it's pages protruding out of its binding.
"It's almost three hundred years old, and written in Elder Speech. I think you'll find the similarities to our friend Elena quite remarkable. After discovering what she might be, I tried to find more trace of her kind. But this one passage here is all there is. I'll read it to you: Angels are rarity upon our earth. Only two have ever been known to us. They come to earth fully matured and alone. They are very beautiful, kind and pure. Their power is not made of chaos from earth. When they use their power they burn bright like the sun, their eyes blazing gold. Their power is unlimited and no power on earth can equal it.
They have been known to heal wounds, illness and incurable diseases. They have put ends to famines, plagues and natural disasters. They can even raise the dead. It is thought that they only wield their power for good.
Legend says the first angel that came to earth and put an end to war, and men lived in peace and harmony and thrived for two hundred years.
It is still unknown why they come to earth.
We do not know how long they live for, but they do not age.
No one has ever killed or harmed one."

Khron's eyes looked up from the dusty pages to meet Geralts. His eyes gleaming with excitement.
"Elena is an Angel, Geralt. A beautiful, celestial creature sent from the heavens!" He said, gently closing over the old book in his hands.
Angels don't exist, Geralt thought dubiously.
"Is that all the book says? There must be more... What do they want? Why has she come?" Geralt asked, more to himself than Khron, reaching for the old book. The wizard simply shrugged and pushed it towards him.
"Is it normal for them feel human emotion?" He asked absently, flicking through the pages in a way that set Khron on edge.
"You know Geralt... Her scent is all over you, and I can smell how it got there," Khron said quietly, Geralt tore his eyes from the pages to look at him. He's cocked his hairy eyebrows, giving him a knowing look.
"I can feel how strongly you lust for her, and there's something else there too. But surely I'm wrong? Witcher's don't have emotions," Khron's tone becoming cold. Geralt narrowed his eyes at him but remained silent. He didn't like where this conversation was heading.
"You don't actually think you can keep her do you?" Khron's asked mockingly. "You're a monster slayer, and she's an angel. It would be in her best intentions for you to leave her before you compromise her anymore.
She would be perfectly safe here with me. I could help her unlock her power and reach her full potential. She'd be quite unstoppable under my influence."
Anger and realisation flashed through Geralt like a hot bolt of lightning.
For as long as Geralt had known Khron, he was always looking for ways to make himself truly immortal. Seeking power in any way he could. He wouldn't hesitate in taking Elena's life in order to find a way to harness her magic.
Elena was right, he was going to try and take her power.

"I will not leave her here with you," Geralt said each world slowly and precisely. He watched the wizard stiffen.
"Don't be a fool Geralt. This is not a task for a Witcher!"
"You're right. I don't intend to keep her for myself. But this is not the proper place for her either; and you know that Khron."
"You're not going to take her to that bloody Priestess are you! You have no idea what I could do with a power like that!" Khron snapped, saliva coming from his jowls.
"Forget it!" Geralt snapped, his revulsion for Khron coming freely. "You will never have Elena."
Geralt walked slowly out of room, never taking his eyes off Khron. He made no move to follow him. Once out of the wizards sight, Geralt started to run. He had to get Elena out of here, now.