Epilogue

It was a blissfully warm day in the late summer.
Elena was laying back on her elbows in her meadow. The soft, long grass half hiding her as she watched her children play before her.
A six year old boy with sandy coloured hair and blue eyes was being chased closely by his younger sister. Her tiny, chubby three year old legs struggling to keep up with him. Her hair was dark like her fathers but she had her mothers eyes.

"Lorcan! Wait for your sister," Elena called to her son. He stopped at the sound of her voice obediently.
"Come on Amira!" He called to his sister in his childish voice. Elena smiled as Amira caught up and grabbed onto his hand. It warmed her heart watching her children play. She remembered how frightened she had been to be a mother, remembering the day she felt Lorcan move inside her for the first time.
Geralt had never been afraid. He had always been confident that she would be an amazing mother. It was Geralt that came up with their names. He was a brilliant father, just as he was a brilliant partner.
He came to her now. Slipping himself behind her, pulling her back into his chest. Even after ten years, her heart still skipped at his touch. She sighed happily, enjoying the feel and smell of him.

The first year together had been tumultuous. As they learned how to live with each other, comfort each other and be together as humans. After Elena turned Geralt human, her powers had left her. She didn't need them anymore. She did miss her wings a bit, but she would have given them up in a heartbeat to have the life she did now.
In their first few years together they worried constantly that Elena wasn't ageing. Elena was concerned that she would outlive Geralt, never changing or ageing. But when she fell pregnant, she knew somehow that everything was going to be okay. Then one day she looked in the mirror and noticed that her face had changed. Lines of age and maturity had started to set beside her eyes. She remembered how happy they were over those wrinkles. Celebrating that they were getting to live and grow old together.

Their children played happily under their watchful care. "I am so lucky," Geralt said, his deep voice rumbling in his chest. Elena smiled. He still thanked her almost every day for the gift she had given him. And every day she felt herself love him more and more.
Their children didn't know about their magical pasts. They didn't know much about the world, only the meadow and the home they lived in. Far away from the rest of humanity. Here they were safe. But she knew one day she would tell them about their adventures, and they'd leave to have adventures of their own.
She knew that when that day came, it would feel too soon. But she would always have Geralt and they would be each other's comfort. If they had each other, they would never be alone.
And she would always belong to him.
Forever.