Geralt

They'd been walking for hours. The fight with the Kikimora had stolen more time than Geralt wished. By the time they reached the nearest village it was dark.
The journey here had been long but not unpleasant. As the sun went down, Elena's glow was more noticeable. He was worried it might be bright enough for human eyes.
He asked her many times along the way to look at her arms to see if she could see it. She assured him she couldn't. Humans, he thought cynically, he couldn't imagine living half blind.

They walked close to one another in comfortable silence. Occasionally, her arm would brush against his and send tingles through his body. His hands had itched to touch her but he resisted. He could still feel traces of her magic within him. He wasn't sure if what he was feeling was genuine or if he was still under her influence.
He let out a relieved sigh when the village of Hawkesburn finally came into sight. He was worried someone was going to see Elena. She was practically a beacon in the dark. He shook his head. Surely, she could see that?

Geralt bundled them into the first tavern he came to. He had to get rid of the Kikimora quickly, before it started to decompose. His delicate nose had picked up on the foul odour the carcass was starting to make.
The tavern was a small one, and poorly lit. Geralt was thankful. He wanted to remain unseen where possible.
Much to his dismay, heads turned immediately at their arrival. For once the curious eyes weren't on him. They were all staring open mouthed at Elena.
Fuck! They can see her glowing!
He snapped his head to look at her but she wasn't glowing anymore, but she was smiling warmly at everyone. He could feel the excited energy pulsing from her. Why are they staring?
Has a woman never smiled before?
He pulled her closer to him and sat them down at the furthest table, away from the curious eyes. A server came up to them immediately. He watched fascinated as the woman's eyes lingered on Elena. "What can I get you?" Her voice was too friendly, her eyes fixed on Elena's face like she couldn't get enough. Elena smiled warmly at her, the woman light up, sharing her own toothless smile. "Geralt?" Elena asked, turning the same smile on him.
"Two ales, please," he asked looking at the woman. She nodded but didn't take her eyes off Elena.
The server seemed to hover by the table, reluctant to leave. Geralt cleared his throat loudly. Finally, she looked at him. She startled, and quickly tottered away. Strange.
"I need to pee," Elena squirmed a little in her seat. Gerlat was debating taking her to the privy himself when the sever hurried back over, placing two ales on the table in front of them, along with a fresh loaf of bread.
"On the house," she said, smiling warmly at Elena. Free food? Geralt was not used to hospitality like this is human taverns.
"Thank you!" Gushed Elena, placing her delicate hand on the woman's larger, rough one. The effect it had on the server was immediate. Her face flushed red and she tumbled over her words trying to thank Elena. What the fuck is going on?
"Would you be so kind to point me to the to the privy?" Elena asked sweetly.
"I'll show you myself," the woman replied, clearly thrilled.
Geralt watched stunned, as the woman ushered Elena through the small tavern. Every set of eyes, male and female was on Elena. Every pair had the same expression. They were full of adoration. They watched her until she was out of sight. As soon as she was out the room, they fell back into their normal, gloom expressions.
Even stranger.

He knew when she had entered the room, as all conversations hushed and all heads turned towards her again. She smiled warmly and nodded at the people closest to her. Everyone wanted Elena's smile.
"Everyone's so nice," Elena said, sitting back down beside Geralt.
Geralt choked on his ale.
"They're acting very strange," he coughed, trying to clear his airways. "Humans are never this friendly."
Elena shrugged her small shoulders and started picking at the bread in front of them. He watched as the punters eventually fell back into their conversations, but their eyes never really left her. He looked at Elena curiously. Sure, she was undeniably beautiful, in a pure and sweet way. If he had passed her on the road by chance, he might have looked twice. But he wouldn't have gawped at her like these idiots.

She was gulping down her ale at an alarming rate. "Slow down," he said mockingly, eyeing the massive pitcher in her hands. It was almost the size of her head.
"It's so delicious!" She giggled. The ale had left white foam on her top lip. Instinctively, he reached over and wiped it away with his finger tip. His finger lingering a little longer than necessary. She looked up at him, eyes eager. He felt that same, burning electrical pull as before and found he couldn't remove his hand from her mouth. He wanted to kiss her again. Right here. Right now. She was already leaning in to him, all he had to do was bow his head and...
Enough! He sharply told himself. He closed his eyes briefly, taking a deep steadying breath and somehow managed to pull his hand back from her face. She was staring up at him expectantly. It was with great effort he finally managed to tear his eyes from her and sought the most distracting and unpleasant sight he could find.
A great fat man, stuffing chicken into his mouth. Strips falling out and landing unceremoniously on his chest. Perfect. That should be enough to put anyone off kissing.
He couldn't believe he had been about to kiss her here, in front of these people.
What was she doing to him? He glanced quickly at her in the corner of his eye, scared to look at her for too long. She was still staring up at him.
"I'll be back in a moment," he said, turning to look at her quickly. She nodded her head wordlessly, a slight blush on her cheekbones.

Geralt made his way to the privy slowly. He kept his swords on his back on purpose. His presence finally seemed to be noticed by the punters as they whispered and nudged each other as he passed by them. Some were brave enough to look him in the eye, but quickly looked away. Finally, some normal responses.
He was hoping his intimidating presence would be enough to keep people away from Elena while he was gone.
He wasn't confident.
He doubted very much that anything he could do would dimish the pull Elena had over these people.
Oh well... let's hope I don't need scare too many people off when I return.