Chapter 28

Elena’s POV

I decided to ignore the situation for now, and with Ruby’s behaviour lately, she will only be down for a couple hours and that will allow me to have a nap and shower. I will deal with Josh then.

I do accept that it is kind of selfish of me to be ignoring him and taking Ruby away from him, but right now I need a break and if that makes me selfish, whatever.

I hoped into the shower when I had put Ruby in her cot. Feeling the hot water run down my back calmed me down, I let me relax and forget, up until I heard my phone ring again. I had left it in the bathroom, knowing if it had rung in the other room it most definitely, would have woken up Ruby.

I ignored it again, I would call him soon. I mentally grunted. 6 months ago I was innocent, know I have a possessive boyfriend and a perfect daughter, which I don’t regret but it is tiring. I took a breath in as I step out of the shower. Letting it go dramatically as the phone started to ring again.

“Ely!”

“What” I yelled through the bathroom door. I and Nick’s rooms had a connected bathroom, which was sometimes annoying but in this case it was okay because it could yell at him without disturbing my little girl.

“You didn’t tell him you were okay did you?”

“Well-“

“Elena!” He scolded

“Sorry, I didn’t know what to say” I paused “Hey sorry me and my brother took your daughter away from you. My bad. Love your girlfriend?” I said in a mocking tone.

“You’re an idiot. How about, hey, I needed a break. I’m alright and so is Ruby. Be home soon”

Strangely it sounded like a normal thing to say which made me angrier at myself for not sending it.

“Shut up. Okay”

“Call him” He demanded

My phone started to ring at that moment.

“Better yet. Answer it!” He smirked

“Look after Ruby ill be out the front”

I walked out the front and answers the phones, persistent ringing.

“Hello” I said shakily

“Elena, are you hurt? For god’s sake where are you? Why haven’t you answered your phone? How could you just leave? What were you thinking?” Josh screamed, I could hear so many emotions in his voice, mostly hurt, anger and worry.

I literally had to pull the phone away from my ear it was hurting that much, his constant screams and questions continued to come through.

“I’m fine” Is all I could say

“You’re fine? Is Ruby okay?”

“We are both fine”

“Where are you?” he demanded

“At home” I said

Using the word home probably wasn’t the best idea as if we were in any other situation he would have yelled saying home is the pack house.

“Why?”

Seriously?

“I need a break” is all I could come out with.

“I’m sorry” Is all he could say after a couple minutes of silence.

“It’s not like that, well it kind of is. I just- Josh, I just need time”

“Come home” He whispered

“I am home” I whispered back before hanging up.

I let a tear roll down my cheek. Then another, and before I knew it I was crying like a child. Standing outside, starring at the sky, letting tears that I didn’t want to let out, out.

I couldn’t do this without him. I love him. I need him. However, I also need space and time away from drama and stress and I can’t do that in a household where I’m meant to be in control of everyone and my life that was also crumbling.

“Ely” Nick said cautiously

“I’ll be in, in a minute” I said not taking my eyes of the sky

“Come in now, its freezing. Get some sleep” He said walking out to me.

“It will be okay Elena” He said as he put his arms around my waist and guided me inside.

“How do you know that?” I sobbed

“Because he loves you, he will come around. He is so stressing, he needed help with you and the baby and he had to go back and in doing that, as well as gaining a beautiful baby girl, which he has no idea how to look after. He also gained a job that takes care of not only his girlfriend and daughter but 100’s of other people. That is a lot of pressure for one man to take on” He said leading me up the stairs.

“I know”

We stopped outside my door.

“Get as much sleep as you can. He will call tomorrow, if he won’t come out here to find you” Nick yelled

 I nodded and walked into my room quietly, not ready to deal with Ruby’s tantrum right now.

 I hoped into my bed and closed my eyes, wishing for sleep to take over.

It took a while but I slowly felt myself drift off to sleep and thanked the heavens as I did. I was exhausted and couldn’t deal with another day, sleep deprived.

                                                                                ********

Josh’s POV

“I am home” She whispered as the line clicked dead.

I growled at myself and pushed everything off my desk, breaking a frame that was sitting on there. I starred at the picture in it. It was a picture of Elena and I, we were in the delivery room and Elena was holding Ruby and I was sitting beside her looking into Ruby’s eyes. Realising how much she looked like her mum.

I couldn’t believe I had hurt her.

My anger got the best of me because my stress levels were so high and I could never forgive myself for that.

“I’m so sorry” I whispered

I needed to get her.

I wanted her back here with me, both of them. I was missing both of my girls. I knew the only way I was going to get them back.

I needed to go get them.

I quickly mind-linked a few of my pack members.

‘Road trip tomorrow, be ready at 6am sharp’

I knew it was early but I wanted to be there when she woke up. I needed to go to sleep so I would be ready at that time, slowly making my way to my room. I got into my lonely bed missing my other half and looking over at Ruby’s cot missing her giggling that would wake me up at odd hours of the night.

I wanted to get to sleep so badly, but sleep wouldn’t have me.

Finally hours later, I drifted off, while remember sweet memories of me and my girls, wondering if i would ever be able to make more...