Chapter 6

Josh’s POV

She bumped into my shoulder as she walked away. Im glad she didn’t say anything about my nose though. She did break it last night, although being a werewolf, it took 10 minutes to heal.

I knew she couldn’t avoid me forever. I smiled when I realised we had biology together. With assigned seats!

                                                *******

I walked into the class realising she was already sitting there. The teacher was there yet so I had some time to explain. I went and sat at my usual seat.

I could feel her anger towards me, but I could also feel her fear. She wasn’t scared of me was she? I hope not! I would never do anything to hurt her.

“Elena” I said in a whisper

“Josh, I can’t, and don’t want to talk to you. Just understand that please” she whispered back

“I understand, but we need to talk. I know you hate me, I’m sorry. I ran, to get him away from you” I said. Which was partly the truth, I ran with him but he was dead.

“That’s completely stupid. You could have died!” She said. I little louder than a whisper.

“I can’t think when I’m around you. I wanted to keep you safe Princess”

“Princess?” She questioned, looking down. She immediately rephrased the question “That doesn’t excuse it!”

“I called the cops, he was caught. I’m okay, you’re okay!” I took a deep breath in, knowing full well she was going to protest this.

“Ok” she sighed

“Ok?” I was worried. She still had her head down.

“I glad you’re okay” She said

“I’m sorry our date got ruined Princess” I said with a weak smile

“Who was the man?” She turned to me.

I wanted to turn around and tell her everything, forgetting we were in biology, I turned and started to explain

“I’m-“

I stopped myself and contained my inner wolf. I didn’t want to hurt my mate. She was mine and this would put her in danger. Knowing who…what I am. Puts her in danger and I don’t want that to happen.

“He was an old friend of my dad’s” I lied “Looking for money” I lied again

“So he is in jail now?” She asked

“Yes.” I answered

“Okay. Well I’m sorry your dad’s old friend ruined our get together”

“Get together?” My faced dropped. My heart stopped for a second.

“Well for it to be a date, you needed a kiss goodnight” She said with a cheeky smile.

I loved her smile. She had dimples and the most perfect face. I love everything, from her white teeth to her faint freckles. She was perfection. I smiled a wide smile back.

I knew there were so many questions going through her mind, as I could still feel her confusion. I could also feel her happiness, her confusion however was a much bigger emotion at this point, which was annoying me.

The bell rang interrupting our stare and our teacher walked in.

“Class turn to page 190 and continue on with the questions, I’m not an idiot, I know most of you didn’t compete your homework, second chance people. Use it!” He yelled

Partly true. I didn’t do it. I looked at Elena her smile still hiding her true feelings, I wanted her to ask a question. I wanted more than anything to be able to answer it so carefully, I put my hand on her thigh.

“You okay Princess?”

“How did you get into my house? Why am I princess? And why are you touching me?” she answered immediately.

“I didn’t mean too-“

“It’s okay” she cut me off

She put her hand on top of mine.

“Leave it but answer” she demanded.

I felt a sense of calm go through her, like us holding hand was calming her down, which made me feel amazing, I felt like she trusted me.

“You left your front door unlocked” I lied. I got through a window, I’m a wolf it’s not that hard to creep through a window when left unlocked, and I’m really good at picking locks.

“You’re Princess because that’s what you are too me, your special but if you don’t like-“

“I do, I think.” She cut me off as she smiled looking down.

“Don’t do that” I said

“What?” She questioned still looking down, doing the homework I distracted her from.

“Look down” I grabbed her chin and pulled her face up before realising we were in class and Mr.Dehourse was staring.

“Sorry” I exclaimed at Mr.Dhourse.

“Continue on with your work Mr. O’Brien.” He yelled.

“What do you mean?” she whispered

“You’re too beautiful to be looking down when I compliment you Princess.” I said