Chapter 15

Elena’s POV

When we got home, they both rushed over to my side to help me get out of the car.

“I’ve got you princess” Josh whispered

“You can go home Josh” Nick said

I looked at him oddly then he said a few curse words under his breath, realising he lived with us.

Josh picked me up and carried me into the house, bridal style.

“You know I didn’t break either of my legs, right?” I smirked.

“I-I just want to keep you safe” He responded.

I smiled and put my head into the crook of his neck and kissed it.

He walked me up the stairs and into my room. I was excited to hear all of his explanations but I was also terrified.

“You can start now” I said when he placed me down on the bed. I was already sitting up. I told him not to lye me down, because if he did I would be out in seconds.

“Okay, so you know, I mean, you saw, me heal right?” He asked

“I remember” I said nodding slowly.

“Right.” He said there was a pause and then he continued. “Well, I’m a-a w-werewolf” He said looking down.

My heart speed up, what? That’s impossible. I suddenly was terrified. I think he knew because he turned to me immediately.

“I know it might scare you, or you might not believe me, but I can prove it, you just need to let me explain the rest okay?”

I nodded slowly again not wanting to say the wrong thing.

“You’re my mate, basically, in human terms, it means you’re my soul mate, but it means that I can feel you, and feel what you feel. I know your emotions better than you do Elena” He continued

“I know you think I’m going to leave you, I feel you being worried that, I’m going to cheat or play you. I’m not, I- well Elena Mayfair, I love you”

My heart skipped a beat and my mouth flung open. I wanted him to know how I felt, but I was still scared.

“Us being mates, it means I have to mark you. It also means I will protect you, I would rather die than, let you get hurt” He said

I didn’t know what to say.

“Mark me?” I questioned

“Well I have to bite you, and then bite you again during, well…” He stopped

“During?” I motioned for him to continue

“When we…you know make love” He looked down

“Make love?” I laughed

“Elena, don-“He went to say but I interrupted him

My lips hit his and we enjoyed a moment of peace just us, in our own little world, once more. Josh was all I knew at this second

“I can’t” He pulled away “I need to explain everything to you” He said

I moved slightly over as to give him some space to think.

“I’m a rare type of werewolf, one that people want to kill”

For a second I stared at him, but then it all made sense. That’s what happened on our first date. My eyes widened. I stepped up off the bed.

He put his hands up in a non-threatening kind of way.

“I want you to know I would never hurt you in anyway.” He said standing on the bed, his hands still doing the same motion.