XIV. A Game of Pretend-That-Nothing-Ever-Happened-Between-You-And-Your-Ex

Heyyyyyyy, minna!

Thank you so much for the reads and the votes and the comments you've left for THA! All of them, like, from the COMING SOON! chapter up to now. It means so much to meh, because the story's coming to an end.

In all of my chaptered stories, I've sworn to myself that there will always be a special chapter or two. In Dramatically, there's the special Jade chapter and I just published a special Lyon chapter, so we can look at the Lyvia in the story. Now, I'm planning to give you a...

special FREED chapter!

Yes. Freed Justine. You know why? He's the third main character in this story. Then Bickslow. But, Freed's role is much bigger than Bickslow because even his loyalty to Laxus went away, at least, once, if you know what I mean.

So, I'll do it. And, maybe, we'll decide who's for him.

Okay, without further ado, here is Chapter Fourteen! A Lot to Learn.

Do not worry, the last chapter is not this one.

-/-/-

"It's already six in the evening, Mira-nee."

I sat on the hilltop as the sun set. How long had it been since I started staring at the sun as it started to set? Three hours? Four hours? Five? I couldn't remember, because I was barely thinking of anything.

"Nee-chan, you have to eat some food for dinner," Elfman sat beside me and rubbed my back. "You should stop thinking about Laxus and eat, at least, three spoonfuls for dinner. Then, we'll let you go to sleep."

"No, thank you," I shook my head. "I'm not that hungry right now."

"Mira-nee, please?" Lisanna begged me. "Just three spoonfuls. Don't worry, this dish is one of my own! It's your favorite dish."

No one could ever ignore their favorite dish. Mira sighed and stood up.

"Alright," I smiled at them. "Come on now. Let's also order some pizza or some milkshakes."

"Yeah, that's the spirit, sis!" Elfman nudged me. "My sister is a MAN!"

"Ahaha, I'm a woman." I just smiled at him, knowing that to ruin the mood is to get the food in the trash can.

---

Lisanna ordered some milkshakes from the Milkshakes & More restaurant, along with some sweets like a really sweet Red Velvet Cake and some chocolate crinkles as Elfman washed the dishes and got some new plates for the coming food. That's what I loved about my siblings. Even though we lost our parents and lost contact with our relatives, they still try to create a small family. But, I didn't care whether it was small or not; I just wanted us to be happy, that's all.

When Lisanna put the phone down, she smiled at me. "It will be here in fifteen minutes, sis. I'll go set up a movie in the television lacrima, so we can enjoy our night! Should I order your favorite Italian food too, sis? Besides, I hear Elf-nii-chan's hungry for pepperoni pizza!"

"I'll do it," I said. "You can set up the movie, if you'd like."

"Woohoo! We should invite the whole guild, too!" Elfman shouted.

Even though they thought I couldn't see it, I saw it. Lisanna shot him a look that said, No, Elf-nii-chan. Not the whole guild. There is... a person Mira-nee wouldn't like to have here. And, he just nodded, knowing that this small party night of ours was only for me, not for the whole guild. It was to forget the memories - the sweet and romantic ones only, not the times Master got the whole troop of S-Class mages to go on a SS-Class mission or the times I asked him what he wanted to eat - I had with Laxus.