XI. The Truth Behind The Lies

Hello, let us begin!

In the multimedia section, there's a page from the latest chapter of Fairy Tail.

Gratsuuuuu.

Copyright to whoever owns the pic.

Okay, let this thing begin.

-/-/-

"You should get over it."

"Oh, Bickslow... do you even remember the guy who dared me to do this?" I said, glaring at him. "You idiot. This is all your fault. This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't dared me to do it at all."

"Yeah, sure. I'm the one who dared you to do this and wrecked your relationship. But, if I were you, I would have done it successfully. I wouldn't look at Mirajane in the eye, for your information," he replied. "I'm not the idiot here, Laxus. You shouldn't have gotten yourself to fall in love. I don't know why you attacked her, because that made things worse."

"Laxus, I'm siding with Bickslow for a minute," Freed added. "You attacked her just because you didn't want to end your relationship."

"Well then, what the hell was I supposed to do?!" I yelled. "You didn't know what was happening in the first place! I didn't expect her to suspect us!"

"She's an S-Class mage, for Mavis's sake, Laxus!" Bickslow shouted. "The night we created the bet, I didn't dare you! I was challenging you, to see if you were strong enough to challenge against a demon like her, you bastard!"

"Bickslow, please, control your temper," Freed said, pulling him back.

"Did you just call me a bastard, Bickslow?" I asked, standing up.

"Yeah, what? Do you have a problem, you damned bastard?" he groaned.

"Fuck you," I prepared my attack. Suddenly, he opened his arms, like he was about to embrace something.

"Go on, hit me," he said. "Hit me, Laxus. Let's see if you can carry more guilt on your shoulders just because you broke a woman's heart and killed your friend."

I realized that I couldn't hit Bickslow, because he really was my friend. Not just my friend, my best friend. I put down my fist and looked at the floor.

How idiotic was I?

But, I wouldn't let my own friend call me a bastard. I prepared my attack and hit him on his right arm.

"Laxus!" Freed screamed as I hit Bickslow.

When I was done, Bickslow gripped on his arm angrily. He let go eventually, then removed his odd metal eye mask.

"Bastard... you're not shameful, are you?"

I covered my eyes, "At least, I didn't trick my own friend to do something like that."

He put his mask back on before giving me a punch on the stomach, something I didn't expect, because my eyes were covered.

"At least, I didn't go over to hurting him."

He stormed out of my apartment, slamming the door. It was just me and Freed.

"Freed, you better stay here," I said to him. When I reached out to him, a red rune disabled me to do so. I triggered his runes.

"I am very sorry, Laxus," he replied. A tower of books appeared before me and food, too.

"I will not let you out until you've finished reading these books. You only have a limited supply of food, but I will bring you some if I get back to make Bickslow apologize to you," he took one of the biscuits and bit on it. "Maybe, I'm not sorry at all, Laxus. You just lost your Raijinshuu. Evergreen won't come unless we're here. Sayonara."