XXII. Iris

Kon'nichiwa, minna-san!

Hey, hey, hey. It's been a while, I guess. I'm in school now, so it's going to get busy. I'll try to finish this on the weekends.

Just a reminder.

Anyway, did y'all like the previous chapter? I just really like the friendship between Laxus and Bickslow, so I had to make Bickslow one of the main characters. If you liked it, then thanks a lot!

Let's get this show on the road! You know what to do: CVSF.

Byeonara oasis.

-/-/-

"They're plotting something evil, and I can tell."

I giggle as Lisanna says that to me. She really thinks that the two boys inside the infirmary, Laxus and Bickslow, are up to no good. But, I do believe that they've reconciled and are planning something. I'm glad that they're back to being friends. All secrets have been shared, all stories have been told, all anger has been erased, and that's good.

Freed walks towards us with his crutches before sitting on one of the chairs. "May I have something to drink, please?" he asks politely. "I'm really exhausted."

"With Laxus?" I ask as I fill his mug with some iced tea.

"Yes, he's been tiring me all day long," he answers, sighing. "But, I don't mind. I'm just happy that they're reconciling with each other. It's just so hard to see the two of them mad at each other, so I had to assist them."

"That's good," Lisanna remarks. "But, do you think Bickslow will accept Laxus's apology? After all, he did tell me that Laxus was probably up to no good earlier, and that I should distance myself from him."

"They're good friends, and believe it or not, Laxus is more serious than ever."

"Why is he serious? What is he planning?" I ask absent-mindedly, forgetting that I am the ONLY ONE who actually cares for Laxus more than anyone here.

"Nothing, really," Freed answers, shaking the question off. "I'm not really sure whether he's up to something big or not, but we all know Laxus."

"Yep. It's most likely he'll do something big," Lisanna says. "So, he's reconciling with Bickslow? That's the Laxus we know. He is merciless, but he isn't totally heartless. Right, Mira-nee?"

"Yes," I reply, smiling as I give the mug to Freed, who drinks the iced tea heartily. "Laxus isn't a monster. He's actually a softie."

"A softie? Wow, you must be reeeeally in love with him to call him that," Lisanna says, slightly laughing at my answer. "But, I respect your judgment. You know him better than I do, after all."

Suddenly, it begins to rain. Lisanna and Freed chorus, "Bickslow must have started singing in there." Then, they point at each other, grinning like idiots (except that Freed is just smiling and Lisanna is grinning like a real idiot, but don't tell her that I said that).

"Is Bickslow so good that he'll wield up a thunderstorm?"

"Actually, he's so bad at singing," Lisanna remarks, laughing. "He tried Defying Gravity once on the karaoke and the karaoke literally gave him a nothing."

"Nothing? Why is that?" I ask.

Then, we hear Bickslow singing Defying Gravity in the infirmary. It's immediately cut off by a loud, thumping sound and the thunder from outside.

"That must have been Laxus punching him for singing," Freed says. "If only I could easily understand their kind of fun, I would have easily related to them."