Chapter 20

*3rd Person*

November 11th, 2038

Thursday, PM 10:01:01...

Detroit, Michigan

(Y/n)'s teeth chattered as she shivered uncomfortably. Standing in the cold wasn't benefitting her current state. It was snowing, with heavy flakes and a slight breeze. This kind of weather always made Detroit seem so magical in the winter. (Y/n) watched flakes flow down to the ground and gather along with itself or melted once it hit the warmer earth.

Fish shook his head as he stood in front of her. "You shouldn't be out here Doctor." (Y/n), in turn, shook her head. "I should be with my treasures. I need to fight for their freedom alongside them. You need me." Fish scanned her. Her body temperature was close to normal. 97.3 degrees, she was developing a cold. "You're going to get sick if you stay out here longer." He fussed. "You are all going to die if I don't." She soberly countered.

He sighed in defeat. "You have no respect for your own well being." "If you can fight for a just cause, then why should you fear death." She asked. "You're beginning to sound like a philosopher." She snorted in amusement. A peaceful silence fell between the two. We aren't so different. Soon the world will see...

The great mass of people continued walking to the concentration camps full of androids. On occasion, you could hear an echo of gunshots bouncing off the city walls. It was slightly off-putting to (Y/n) and put her on edge. She left her spot where she had fallen into line and made her way to Markus. She said nothing and walked alongside Josh and Simon. She couldn't help but think about Daniel when see looked at Simon.

"This is it." Josh murmured. "Yeah. It's all or nothing now." Simon said from the right side of (Y/n). She simply nodded and kept her eyes trained to the back of Markus' head. I wonder what Elijah is doing... Probably sipping his scotch and watching the news. She reached for her phone and quickly remembered she didn't have it. "Shit..." She hissed. The two looked to her in concern. She gave a quick smile and said, "No worries. I just remembered something." They looked at her skeptically.

"Are you ready Markus?" North privately asked him. He turned to her and a small grin appeared on his face. "It's time to decide our future. As one with humanity or die for what we believe." Josh and Simon beamed in approval while North seemed content with what he said. (Y/n) felt indifferent but she was proud of her children, her would-be family, her creation, little pieces of her.

Soon they made it to the Hart Plaza, just outside of the camps. (Y/n) figured it was sometime around 10:30 ish. You could see policemen lined up in front of us. A chill ran down (Y/n)'s back in sudden realization, she might die tonight. From behind her, Fish scanned her heat signature and noted that it returned to a stable 98.7 degrees. Raven was holding Fish's hand and stared straight ahead.

"The public opinion speaks highly of you Markus." (Y/n) spoke from behind him. "Maybe they'll help stop this war before it truly begins." Markus only nodded in acknowledgment. He was just as nervous as she was, but the helicopter above the scene didn't help very much either. The news was recording everything and anything that was going on from above.

"Are you sure you want to stay in this fight, Dr. Miller?" North asked cautiously. They've never gotten very well but then again, they never really needed to speak with each other. "I'll die alongside you if push comes to shove." (Y/n) frankly spoke. Her heart burned with fear and anger. Is the world is watching me do this? I wonder what they're thinking. A magazine landed next to her. I thought printing was dead... She picked up the paper, that was extremely cold and wet, and read the headlines.