Chapter 17

*(Y/n)'s POV*

November 9th, 2038

Tuesday, PM 5:46:27...

Jericho

"What are we going to do with her?" "I think we should shoot her where she's kneeling, One less rat to deal with." Ouch. "No, Markus will know what to do with her. If she's made it this far she must be looking for something." "Or for someone." The androids talked around me, deciding my fate. I was kneeling in a puddle on the ground, wrists zip tied, the water soaking through my pants making the one spot uncomfortable. "Damn..." I whispered to myself. "Really got myself into trouble this time."

The 4 androids turned their heads towards my small figure. Crap! They heard me. Well duh (Y/n). They easily pick me up by the arms, forcing me to stand. They lead me through twists and turns, making me lose direction of where I was going. Fear was obviously worn on my face and curiosity a close second. A nauseating feeling rose in the pit of my stomach again, for the second time that day. They came to the main part of the ship and took me into the captain's quarters.

"Markus!" "(Y/n)! What are you doing here?" Markus greeted. The androids stepped in saying, "We found her in the corridors." "I was trying to find you, to see if you were okay. I saw the march outside the mall through videos." I explained worriedly. "Leave us." Markus ordered them. They reluctantly obeyed and broke her zip tie cuffs. I gave Markus a huge hug and the base of his neck. "I was so so so worried for your safety." "I'd be more worried about your own health first. You only live once." Markus held her shoulders. "Did you really make a YOLO reference?" I laughed.

He only smiled.

"How did you find this place?" Markus brush passed and paced around the room. "Like any other android." I vaguely said. "I just chose to go through the front door." Markus remained quiet for a moment. "You're not safe here." He said. "It usually isn't when there's androids involved these days. They're very gentle and peaceful though." I said sitting on a barrel.

He shook his head and sighed. "No matter how much I could possibly try, there will be bloodshed." He sounds so... lost. "Well, what do you want to do?" "I don't want to shed any blood, no matter the color." He quickly answered. "Then I suggest you take the best possible choices to get that far." I said wisely. "If you want this end peaceful, you need to stay peaceful. Which is easier said than done, I know."

He continued to pace in silence.

"Markus." My voice echoed. He turned back to me. "Where would I help the most?" "Well, since it's getting too late to leave and the city is under curfew, I would benefit if you would help Lucy tend to the wounded." He said thinking out loud. "I'll do whatever I can to help. I've fixed a lot of androids in my lifetime." I smiled while jumping off the barrel. He grinned for a split second before another android walked in. "North." He greeted. "Markus, we just found an onslaught on a group of androids..."

Markus looked to me and nodded. "Lead the way." I said. "What is she doing here? She's a human." North hostilely asked. "I also designed and made androids from the very beginning. I even designed you North." I said walking out of the room. "How can we know that she's not with the humans?" North suspiciously questioned. "I don't blame you for not trusting her North." Markus sighed. "But why would she put herself in harm's way then ask if she can help?" North was very quiet and I leaned against the opening. She's a smart one for not trusting so easily.

"And she's our creator. She knows more about any android than any of us do. It would be wasteful to reject help when help is given." North huffed and sighed defeatedly. "I suppose you're right Markus, but I want to keep an eye on her if you wouldn't mind." "If you find it suitable for this then..." North came out of the room and passed me. I automatically followed, passing throngs of androids.