Chapter 2

*(Y/n)'s POV*

October 27, 2017

Friday, PM 1:19:37...

Farrington High School, Photography

I sat in my photography class waiting for class to end. I've only been here a few minutes and I'm already ready to leave. Don't get me wrong, I love photography. I would rather be in my drawing class. Pictures showed details of reality but drawing reality was full of new possibilities. I could draw whatever reality was, make it my own.

I forced my attention back to the computer I was currently sitting in front of. I'd been working on the current class project in photoshop and had no new ideas on how to complete the assignment. The sub teacher was at his desk pretending to read a book but everyone could hear his snoring. So like any good student, I took my time to procrastinate. Glancing around the room, I watched my friends goof off and talked about their social lives.

"Are you seriously still with Jacob?" Jonas asked Amy. "Yes! Of course I am! I love him unlike some people." She alluded to his brother Andy, whom had dated her for about a month before he decided to go off to college. "Girl, he's no good for you. You can't fix everyone." Miriam commented. "Well, what about David?" Michael asked. "What about him?" Amy snarled in disgust.

"You seem distracted." A new voice said. I looked over my shoulder to find my friend Andrue.

Andrue and I had been friends since the beginning of the year. We both knew we had romantic feelings for each other, which only fueled the flirtationship. He would do little things that were sweet and overall adorable. Like sneaking me out & just hang out together or bringing me drawing paper & pencils. He wasn't very subtle but that just wasn't his style. He's always been blunt but around me, he makes an effort to try and be poetic.

"Yeah, just a bit. No more than those weirdos over there." I smiled. "Mind if I sit with you?" He asked pointing to the desk to my left. "Not at all. I'd rather have your company than all them." I motioned to the large group. "Not your cup of tea?" He chuckled while taking a seat. "Nope." I popped the "p". "Why are you so late?" "Oh, you know, I was just running around. Getting in trouble. Shoplifting, to bring you this." He cooly brought out a pocket knife and drawing pencils.
"Drue! Why'd ya do that??? You could've been caught!" I hissed in disbelief, keeping my voice low. "I got them for you. Both of them." He sincerely admitted. He reached out and grabbed a hold of my hand. I felt blood race to my cheeks. "Consider it a late birthday present. You know, cause I was on vacation." He looked a little flushed but kept a confident smirk. " I don't know what to say." I said amazed. "Don't then. Words always ruins everything." He chuckled again. Music to my ears.
I smiled and opened my mouth to speak when Zaylee shrieked. "Get away from me you freak!" My attention turned to the scene behind us.

One of the football players Buzz, the biggest player on the team and Zaylee's boyfriend, had a boy dangling from his shirt and was about two feet above the ground. "I only came to get a notebook I left!" The boy tried to reason with Buzz. I could see the boy struggling to stay calm and was looking for anyone to help. He looked like the boy from the test day, but I didn't wear my glasses to school. Stupid blindness, I wish I had contacts. We made eye contact and he made a silent plead for help.
"YOU were told warned last time to stay hidden! It's time you were taught a lesson." Buzz growled.

My body, as if it was on autopilot, stood up and made its way to the scene. I ran up to Buzz and rested my hand on his gigantic forearm. He looked to me confused, "(Y/n)?" "Put him down Buzz. This is a misunderstanding." My voice was soft but held authority. Buzz, looking very angry and downright terrifying, held on but was losing the will to hurt him. He was melting to her hazel eyes. One last sad look effort and he broke.
Buzz set down the boy and he scrambled a few feet away. "Why are you defending him? He's a nobody." Buzz asked quietly. "Because at one point we were all insecure and felt small." I defended quietly. "Haven't we Buzz?" He grumbled to himself a yes. "I won't make you apologize, but I want you to not do that anymore." I compromised.

Buzz nodded in understanding but still looked disgruntled. "Besides," I began again. "You don't want to lose that scholarship." Buzz nodded once again.

I tried to ignore the stares I was getting from my friends. This will be talked about for days. Where the hell was the teacher to intervene? I mentally facepalmed and made my way over to the boy. He was quickly going through his notebook he left in urgentency. "Are you-" "I'm fine." He said, catching me off guard. "O-oh... Is there anything I-" "No. I think that will be all (Y/n) (L/N)." He cut in again. "How do you-" This is getting old. "Everyone knows who (Y/n) (L/N) is." He interrupted once more. "And a word of advice, you of all people, don't want to get involved with me."
He finally looked up to me, with his blue eyed gaze. It was breathtaking. He turned to leave when I stuck out my hand and lightly grabbed his elbow. "Wait," I whispered. He paused a moment. "What's your name?" I asked with a small voice. He looked back with a thoughtful look. He simply said, "Elijah Kamski." and continued out the door.

I let go of the breath I'd been holding unintentionally. Elijah Kamski. What a memorable name. My hand tingled from touching his arm. Andrue came behind me and placed his hands on my arms. "That looked intense. What did you say to him?" "Nothing. I didn't say anything."

* * *

(

Y/n)'s home

October 27, 2017

PM 8:42:49...

I laid on my bed, in my room, alone with my thoughts. Elijah's words echoed through my mind. "You of all people, don't want to get involved with me." "What does that mean?" I mumbled. I'm involved with a lot of people, sometimes I wish I wasn't. What's so different about him? I felt so... "Lost" I murmured under my breath.

Ryan knocked on the door and looked through the crack. "You okay in there?" He asked sincerely. The sound of a vase breaking came through from where Ryan was. "Yeah Rye. I just peachy." I sarcastically said. "Is it about the divorce?" He asked, closing the door behind him. "No. It's about school. It's weird being there without you and Ryder there and being in a 16 year old Junior." I sighed. Ryan came and sat down on the bed next to me. "I'm sorry. There's not a lot I can do but I'm here for you, since Ryder is studying abroad."

"He's lucky to not have to stay here." I huffed. "And so are you Rye. You were able to escape from here. And you're getting married soon." "You're not upset about that right?" He cautiously asked. "No! I'm happy you're getting married to Jo. It's sweet that you'll be high school sweethearts." I sat up while explaining that.

Ryan smiled and sighed in relief. "YOU SON OF A-" *Crash* "Uh oh..." Ryan said looking to the door. "You better go separate them or things are only going to get worse." I said, knowly. "Yeah..." He said walking to the door. "I'll see you (Y/n). Be careful." He said on his way out. "Love you Ryan." I sadly muttered and he closed the door. I could hear him walk toward my parents room and him coming to fix the problem.
Reality never felt like so much until things started to get bad with my Mother. She started dabbling with drugs and Dad tried his best to keep the family together. Hence why Ryder and Ryan moved out. They couldn't be held liable for Mother, but I was stuck here. Alone. There's nowhere to. No one trust worthy. This divorce better finalize soon. I closed my eyes for a second, drifting off to sleep for a minute, when I heard a small *thunk* hit my window.

Hey Lovelies!

How's everyone doing? Hopefully somewhat decent. I don't have anything important to say sooooo...

Question of the day: What is your favorite holiday? Why is it your favorite?
Let me know in the comments!

Love y'all. Have a wonderful day!