Chapter 18

*3rd Person*

November 9th, 2038

Tuesday, PM 10:47:04...

Jericho

A full minute after the first explosion, a second, third and fourth followed. (Y/n) watched people scatter and panic. She stood calmly as she watched Kara and her family run passed her. (Y/n) almost felt frozen to the ground, spectating things fall and break.

"When do you think the world will end?" Her voice rang out. Willow leaves fell from the Willow tree nearby. She laid on the grass and stared at the cloudy sky. "I don't know if the world will end Belle." "I thought you were supposed to be the smart one." She chuckled. The wind blew softly and the leaves rippled and fell, landing on top of her. Not that she minded. "I am the smart one!" She only laughed.

Leaves fell in between them and they watched in a comfortable silence for awhile. " Hey Belle-" She turned to look. "(Y/n)." "What?" She asked confused. "(Y/n)!" The voice became more warbled and warped. "(Y/n)!"

"(Y/n)!" She heard her name called but couldn't move. "(Y/n)!" There it is again. "(Y/n)! What are you doing?" The real world appeared again, leaving (Y/n) with a haunted feeling. "Hello Connor." She simply said. A beam fell awfully close to (Y/n). She didn't react in the slightest.

Connor felt himself freeze. "What are you doing here-" "I always knew you'd become deviant." (Y/n) threw him a side smile. "(Y/n), we need to get you out of here." "I'm not your mission." (Y/n) answered. He looked at her pleadingly. "Dr. Miller. You're too valuable to lose here." "I'm only valuable for my knowledge. Once Cyberlife knows them, I'm useless." She blinked. Connor took things into his hands.

He ran to her and through her over his shoulder. "Connor!" "I'm sorry Dr. Miller, but adapting to human unpredictability is one of my features. You no exception." Connor grinned cheekily. "You son of a- oof!"

Connor began running with (Y/n) on his shoulders. He eventually met up with Markus and his group. Connor let down (Y/n) and North nodded to a model that looked like Daniel. "Hi I'm Simon." He introduced while her led her out a door. "Pleasure." She replied, horror slipping into her voice. Simon noticed but didn't say anything about it, now wasn't the time.

He wove through the hallways dodging soldiers and helping other androids find their way out. "Simon. How are we going to get out?" (Y/n) asked suddenly feeling the weight of this situation. Simon looked around and grabbed her hand. "Wha-" "This way." Simon led the way to an opening in the ship's side. "Jump!" And they did. They landed in the freezing cold water and it knocked the wind out of (Y/n).

Simon swam up and waited for (Y/n) to surface. She was struggling to swim up. North, Markus, Connor and Josh all landed in the water were (Y/n) was. Connor resurfaced with (Y/n) and the others. "S-s-s-s-sooo coooold." (Y/n)'s teeth chattered. Connor felt a prick of guilt as he helped her out of the horrifyingly cold water. If he hadn't come, Jericho wouldn't have been exposed and (Y/n) wouldn't be cold. She noticed how blue her fingers were at this point.

"We need to find a place to warm up (Y/n) before she gets hypothermia." Connor and Simon said. They looked to each other and felt a very odd connection. "You're a PL600. Aren't you?" (Y/n) asked. Connor scanned her body and found her temperature dropping rapidly. "We need to move." Connor whispered into her ear. She nodded and quickly started to walk to the old abandoned church a few blocks away.

Connor ended up carrying her there, as she was growing weaker and stiff. "Stupid... waterrr..." She slurred right as they got to the church. There were many deviants in there already. An android came up to Connor and began to take (Y/n) from him. Connor tightened his grip on her and looked the android in the eye with fierce determination. "Fish..." (Y/n) passed out once she saw him. Fish had a worried expression and looked to Connor pleadingly.

"Please," He gulped. "She's my friend." Connor reluctantly let go of her body and Fish whisked her away. He watched as she was taken to a corner. Connor felt a little apprehensive.

So many deviants in one spot. And to think I used to hunt them...

Connor made his way to an isolated spot away from any android and leaned against the wall, losing himself in his thoughts. Markus had taken a seat on the center stage of the church, hanging his head low. Desperation and despair filled the air. Androids we're being slaughtered every minute they stood by. Markus felt pressured with the only two decisions he could make.

Fish was taking care of (Y/n), who had passed out by now. Fish had stripped (Y/n) down to her bare essentials and placed her in a sleeping bag. He was artificially heated, so he climbed in with her. They both laid on the ground, Fish slowly heating her body up. He scanned her body every so often, her temperature slowly returning to normal. She's going to have a cold though. Raven was drying her clothes by a small fire.

(Y/n)'s phone was destroyed by the water and the flash drive she had was ruined. Her wallet stayed intact for the most part, while her lab coat was drying beside it.

Markus finally rose from his broken throne and talked to Kara and Alice, Luther nowhere to be seen. They exchanged a few words and the girls left, going on their own mission. Markus moved on to North and did practically the same thing, then moved to Connor.

"It's my fault the humans managed to locate Jericho..." Connor's voice echoed through the church. A few heads perked up. "I was stupid... I should've guessed they were using me." Connor stepped a few feet closer to where Markus was. "I'm sorry, Markus..." Guilt filled his voice. "I can understand if you decide not to trust me..." Markus stared at him then spoke with authority. "You're one of us, now. Your place is with your people."

Markus began to walk away when Connor suggested, "There are thousands of androids at the Cyberlife assembly plant." Markus paused and turned back around. "If we could wake them up, they might join us and shift the balance of power..." "You wanna infiltrate the Cyberlife Tower? Connor, that's suicide..." Connor nodded in agreement. "They trust me, they'll let me in. If anyone has a chance of infiltrating Cyberlife, it's me." "If you go there, they will kill you." Markus said anxiously. Connor only blinked. "There's a high probability... but statistically speaking, there's always a chance for unlikely events to take place..."

The two prototypes gazed at each other. After a minute, Markus reached out a hand to Connor's shoulder, with a determined appearance. "Be careful..." Was the only thing Markus said before he went to address his people. But Connor wasn't going to stick around that long. He walked into the small corner where (Y/n) was finally awake and up.

She had a new pair of clothes on which didn't cover as much skin as needed, but they were dry. The one thing that hadn't changed was the lab coat. It helped cover more places her new outfit didn't. Her eyes bore into his own, which were intimidating in themselves. "I know that look Connor." Her voice echoed slightly as Markus began to make his speech.

"I've got a mission, Dr. Miller." Connor said collectedly. "Cyberlife will be looking for you." "I'm counting on it." He replied with a sly smirk. "Connor it's too dangerous for you to go out there." She shook her head in disapproval. "Don't worry about me Dr Miller. I always accomplish my mission." And like that he left her. (Y/n) was felt to watch him go and almost immediately thought of Elijah. I wonder how our story will end... Oh how far we've come from high school.

"Be careful Connor." She whispered to no one. Cheers for Markus drowned out her words. Once again in her life, she felt utterly alone. 

Hello Lovelies! I hope you're having a wonderful day. I gotta say you're looking amazing today. I'm loving your sense of style today.

Question of the day: How do you deal with people who annoy you? If you don't, what do you do instead?