Chapter 19

*??? POV*

November 11th, 2038

Thursday, PM 9:34:54...

(Y/n)'s Apartment

Location: Located

There was knocking on the front door. Silence greeted. Once again knocking came upon the door. Nothing. The door was kicked off its hinges and fell to the ground with a grandiose thud. A shadow of a person walked in and scanned the room subconsciously.

Find the Target or Find Any Information

They began looking into the closet first moving coats and things around. Nothing looked out of the ordinary, but then again, when you're on the run you don't want anything to stick out. They ripped the articles of clothing off their hangers and they landed in a pile by the closet door. In the closet was RA9, written and carved over 1,457 times.

Software Instability Decreased

A deviant has been here. They moved from the closet and moved to the kitchen and living room. Nothing. A couple of traces of leftover breakfast, barely from this morning and hair follicles. Dirty dishes hadn't been touched since this morning either and laid in the kitchen sink, soaking. A small layer of dust laid on all the kitchen utensils. They looked in top condition and not well used.

No Sign of Usage. Probable Reasoning: Fled Home or Missing?

They let out a small growl of annoyance and kept investigating. They went to the bedroom and scanned the room. Clothes had been left on the ground and things were more disorganized. Papers lay on top of the bed and were scattered along the room. But the most disturbing thing was the papers stapled to the wall, in the shape of RA9. On the papers was typed; "RA9 will set them free. RA9 will save my creation. RA9 will be their savior."

Software Instability Decreased

Obvious Signs of Deviancy.

Signs of: Leaving in a hurry.

Now we're getting somewhere. They rummaged through drawers and through the closet in the corner. They pulled out shoeboxes full of metal pieces and gizmos yet to be tested. Experiments. They pulled out a small chest and forced the lock open. It broke after a large amount of stress.

They lifted the lid open and found pictures. Some of those pictures were of places, old homes, the Cyberlife facility in California, Downtown Salt Lake City, Denver Colorado. Some pictures were of people. Ryan James Miller, Jo Cox Miller, Nathan Ve Cox, Elijah Kamski, Amanda Stern, (Y/n) Miller, Ryder Miller. Family and close friends.

At the bottom was a compartment full of flash drives. Flashdrives? They didn't seem to be working. They left the chest on the bed and scattered things around. They ripped up pictures of Elijah and her together, among others.

No Available Information. New Objective: Locate Target

They walked into the bathroom and looked at themselves in the mirror. They adjusted his tie and brushed off his suit. Brown eyes stared back at his serious face. He left the room and made his way back to the front door when he heard a beeping sound.

He turned back to see a laptop on the ground, hidden under the table. It was partially ajar and showed a black and red screen. It blinked with the serial number: #687 899 150- 21. He glared at the laptop and slammed it shut. Anyone could see he was visibly angry.

He went to the Zen Garden in his software.

"Amanda. Dr. Miller hasn't been home since early this morning. There are signs of deviancy and a previous struggle." He reported. Amanda's expression darkened. "You must find her. Leaving her would be disastrous. We'll send another model to find Hank Anderson. Your mission is to find her by any means." His face filled with a cold, mechanical determination. "I will not fail you, Amanda."

He refocused on his surroundings. He went to where the door would be and found the landlord gaping at the scene. She mumbled things in Spanish which translated into something like, "What the hell are you doing?? Are you responsible for this?" He rolled his eyes and pulled out his hidden handgun. Her eyes bulged and gasped in horror. As she began to back up, he took the liberty of shooting her.

Her body fell back into the nearby wall and slumped down. Blood poured from the bullet hole in her head and began to make a mess. He concealed his weapon in his suit jacket holster and scanned the building.

Scan: Two lifeforms are in the building. Most have fled the city by now.

He left her body to rot and went to the public elevator. It pinged and the doors opened for him. He gracefully made his way in and pivoted to press the very first button. He watched the numbers count down until he made it to the first level of the apartment complex. The person at the front desk played on her phone as a smaller human played in a potted plant. They paid no attention to him as he made his way out of there.

* * *

It took a while but he found the automatic driving taxi Dr. Miller had been in. It was stuck in a snowbank near the remains of a ship. He hacked into the camera and sped through the footage. He watched Jericho burn as it sunk into the bay and deviants jump into the water. He focused on one white figure as it fell. Deviants climbed out of the water and said, "To the abandoned church."

New Objective: Head to the Church

He broke out into a run. In his mind, he could see the time. 10:36:18... Time is running out. He pushed his mechanical body to run faster, calculating the faster routes to the church without being spotted by a police patrol that was hunting any androids.

Soon he made it to the church and slipped in through an open window. Scanning the room, he saw her belongings in a corner, except for her and her lab coat.

Target is missing. Must have gone with the leader. He slipped back out of the window and headed towards the android camps, designed to destroy androids. He easily caught up with the deviants who were straggling behind the group. He didn't blend in well but, after all, he was only a prototype. One of the only ones in existence. He changed his hair color to a white, adjusted his black tie and brushed off his suit.

He briskly walked through the crowd and almost made it to the front of the horde. He could clearly see Markus and North but his gaze focused on Dr. Miller, who was standing right next to Markus himself.

He pushed himself back to the Zen Garden.

"I've located Dr. Miller." He said to Amanda, who was sitting next to her roses. "Excellent Blake. Now do what it takes, she must not escape from this alive." 

Sorry, my Lovelies! Things have been really crazy at home with the Coronavirus freaking everyone out. Continue onto the next Chapter!!!