Chapter 7

*3rd person*

November 4th, 2017

Saturday, 10:06:57...

University of Colbridge, Hallway

(Y/n) walked out of her math class, lost in thought. She thought of the events of yesterday and what had been going through her head.

Standing in front of the crowd, all I felt was anger. It wasn't fair that I was being treated this way. The way that Andrue looked at me. Like I was nothing... I am nothing... Am I nothing? The red wall in my mind said I was. Static sounds came from it numbing my senses. I wanted to break it down. It wasn't fair! In that moment, when Elijah came to help me, I ran to that wall and pushed through. It broke little by little. I slammed into it again and again, IT WASN'T FAIR, until the 3rd time I had broken through it.

In that moment, Elijah was being lifted into the air and Andrue spat something at him as I tugged on his hand. Elijah ducked just in time for me to nail him in the face. I felt the initial crack underneath my fist and felt the satisfying pain radiating from my hand. There was no choice in what I did, I just did it. All that anger and frustration and embarrassment went into that singular action. And not surprisingly, during my 3rd period I was called into the Principle Argoyle's office.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Miller. Take a seat." He said and I quickly obeyed. My heart knew why I was here but that didn't stop it from beating like crazy. "Ms. Miller, I assume you know why you're here in my office today, correct?" I nodded yes to his question. "Then perhaps you can tell me why you were in-" He stopped himself when he saw my father at the door along with another woman and Elijah. "Mr. Kamski, Mrs. Kamski and Mr. Miller, please come take a seat behind Ms. Miller. Mr. Kamski, please pull up a chair." I flashed them a quick smile and returned back to Mr. Argoyle. "This is my fault." I whispered to him once he sat down.

"You both know why we're here today. Several minutes ago, I had one of the delinquent students in my school say they got attacked by my brightest students. What do you have to say in your defense to this accusation?" I glanced at Elijah and he nodded. "We were protecting ourselves. Andrue was making fun of me and telling things that were told in confidence out in public and started to push me around." I started out. "Then Elijah saw what was happening and stepped in between trying to stop the fight but Andrue was about to hurt him and then I punched him. Right in the nose."

Mr. Argoyle narrowed his eyes a bit and went back to his notes. "Do you recall anything he said?" I swallowed hard. My mouth felt dry and my throat constricted. "He talked about her family life and her academics." Elijah quickly filled in. "She was called a product of an affair and her family wanted nothing to do with her." I felt the familiar sting from those words. Everything said had been true, except for the love of her siblings and father. I heard my father gasp from behind my chair and hung my head in shame. "Ms. Miller, do you know the consequences of your actions?" "Yes Principal Argoyle. It's suspension and expulsion." I said sadly.

"Sadly I must follow the rules and continue justice. You are suspended for two days starting tomorrow, but I will not write this on your permanent record." I looked up in shock. "You're a good kid and have great potential. Mr. Kamski, you're being let off with a warning." "What about Andrue? What will happen to him?" Elijah asked hotheadedly. "Leave that up to me. You two are excused."

My father was the first to stand and open the door for us to follow out. "Thank you for your time." Papa said Principal Argoyle. "Anytime Jeremy. I wish it was better circumstance." He smiled defeatly back. Papa closed the door to the office and sighed, rubbing his face, "I haven't seen him so tired since the last day of college." "I'm sorry Papa. It's all my fault. I didn't mean to make you or Uncle Jason worry. I didn't wanna start this." I began to wail. "Come here sweetie." Papa said with open arms. I embraced him and sobbed into his shoulder, "You always told me to stand up for myself. I only did it one time."

He rubbed her back comfortingly. "Uncle Jason wouldn't have done that for anyone, you know that right?" I made a small uh-huh sound. "He already knew the story before I told it to him, didn't he?" "Yeah honey, he did. But you know what he told me?" Papa asked coming down to kneel in front of her. A moment of silence made him continue, "He heard a couple other witnesses say similar things to what you did and chose to go easy on you. Mr. Kamski was almost let off the hook." Her silent tears stopped after hearing this. "Other people told him what happened?" "Including your English teacher, Mr. Kjar." Papa smiled sadly.

She looked over to where Elijah had been. He was gone.

* * *

(Y/n) felt a small tap on her shoulder. She quickly turned to see Elijah and smiled. "Oh hey," (Y/n) greeted. "What are you doing here?" "You dropped this." He kindly handed over her father's beanie. "Oh! I didn't even realise." She said grabbing it, brushing his hand. Heat crept into her cheekbones and she quietly muttered a thank you. Elijah's hand tingled from the contact and a ghost of a smirk appeared on his face.

(Y/n) was suddenly aware of the dormant attraction she had for him. She slightly studied his features more than she had before. He still had those blue eyes that made her wonder what he thought about, he had the start of a 5 o'clock shadow, and his physique had broadened out quite a bit from the beginning of the year. Damn... Please stop staring (Y/n)!

"So..." She started off after a while. "So, yesterday was quite a day." He said with a laugh. "Yeah it was. I still can't believe it happened." She said swallowing extra saliva. "It was incredible what you did. I'm very impressed." He said starting them toward the door. "I impressed you? Guess I'm going out for ice cream tonight. It's not often you impress a genius. Trust me, I know from experience." She nudged his shoulder jokingly. "I'm sure you count yourself as one too. A 158 IQ score isn't easy unless you're almost like Sherlock. Photographic memory, no wonder why you love drawing, photos are too easy to recall."

She hadn't thought of it that way before. She just thought she had good memories from when she was very little, which made them more vivid than others. "Only 2% -10% of the world has that Belle." He confidently said. Her face twisted into one of confusion. "Wait, what does that mean?" He smiled at the confused look she held. "Beautiful." He answered nonchalantly. She wasn't focused on him though, she focused on what he called her. Belle, that's a new one. "Why don't you help me with my project Belle. I could use your help." My help? "Yes of course. Sounds like a challenge!"

Alright Lovelies. There's a double chapter for ya today. I hope you like it so far and don't mind the shameless flirting haha. 

Question of the Day: What kind of socks are the best in your opinion? 

Love y'all and stay fiesty!