Chapter 47 - And You're Rushing Headlong Out Of Control

"It's got to work. I, I don't know what to do if it doesn't."

Brian reassured, "They'll have to fall for it. We know their moves well enough, and it's an attack they'll be sure to set."

"That's if they got our plans," Roger chimed in, rightfully hesitant about this whole charade. We took Sammy's words that day and the next few days with a grain of salt. None of us could trust him.

"Of course they did," Bri stated. "We sent out a false signal that's easy to hack into. It'll show up that we hacked into the four spots," he pointed at the map laid out on the table, "so they'll obviously not go there. We have enough spies to filter throughout the city to defend these six points."

Roger furrowed his eyebrows, taking one step closer as if that were to help examine the map. "Why those?"

"Because it's in their plans," curtly, I said.

Scout expounded almost in a manner as if he were talking down to Roger like he was a confused, babbling toddler, and to be fair he sometimes is, but that is besides the point. "Don't you remember? We sent a mole into the other side. She came back this morning saying they've got an attack planned at these six points." He turned to Brian, addressing his previous statement. "We already sent spies there to stop and capture all the spies in on this attack."

"Oh. That's, um, that's good." Bri nodded, growing pink as he felt to be the lesser in the room. I gave him a sympathetic look assuring him that he's still got one hell of a brain.

"When's the attack?" I asked, studying the map in front. They were pretty spread about across Singapore. I'd have expected the locations to be more concentrated as spreading out their spies is especially more risky considering there is less back up. Of course, that depends on the total numbers they have.

"Three hours from now," said Scout.

I'd guess that sending spies out there so early wouldn't be very necessary, but better safe than sorry. I don't want anyone else getting harmed. The goal isn't so much to arrest people, although arresting Freddie and his other associates would be optimal. Rather, it's to prevent them from making things any worse.

Their plan is to set the world on fire, if I understand correctly. Our job is to stop them. Simple. Not just because it's SoR or government orders, but also for the sake of humanity and on a decent f*cking conscience.

They've hurt enough people. I can't bear to let them hurt anymore. Not on my watch. No one deserves to feel such pain that they have inflicted. I'll take all the hits if I have to. I just want this to stop.

Roger and Brian whispered between each other for a few tense seconds. The blonde frowned. He further inquired, "Is that all she gathered?" There's always more to a plan. And, the three of us are lead to believe Scout's part of it.

"Not that I know of, Taylor." Sammy raised an eyebrow, seeming to wonder why Roger was dissatisfied with the already lengthy response he gave.

"You know," Roger stepped just slightly closer to him, "the other side's shifty and adapt just as fast as we do with new ideas. We just had this certain feeling, well, it may just be sort of instinctive after a lot of the things we've been experiencing," Roger blabbed. I shot him a glare. "I mean, not that that's important but--"

"We're speculating there might be a mole from the other side in this building." Brian finished for Rog. He was never one to tip toe around his thoughts. I wonder what's going on. Maybe Scout's ever-growing impatience for Roger to vomit it all out was intimidating him, but Scout isn't that intimidating.

Scout shook his head. "No, that can't be." The three of us exchanged glances with each other expecting him to keep up the bluff. He denied with, "I've known everyone in this building, except you three, since SoR here was birthed. There's no way--"