Chapter 17 - I Can't Face This Life Alone

Brian's POV

I shut my eyes in anticipation. It was either me or Rog.

"I love you too," Roger cried out. My eyes snapped open.

He still loves me. After all the sh*t I've put him through, he loves me? I couldn't understand. But for that split second I felt my heart flutter. I smiled sweetly at the blonde.

If I died at that moment, I died loving him. I died knowing he would be safe. I died knowing he gets to carry on with his life. He deserves to. He deserves nothing but love and to feel love.

I'd die knowing he loved me. At this moment, or once in his life.

"1.." Paul counted down.

Bang!

I winced and squeezed my eyes shut at the sudden, loud noise. But I felt nothing. I wasn't in any sort of pain. My mind started to rush. Oh my God. H-he couldn't have taken Roger! No!

My heart beat fast. Roger couldn't be gone. He couldn't be. I can't face this life alone. Not without him.

Tears rushing down my face, I forced my eyes open and was startled. On the floor was a broken vent. On the floor ready to fight were Freddie and John.

"NOT MY F*CKIN' B*TCHES!" Freddie battle-cried. He sprinted towards Paul and kicked the gun out of his hands. He punched him in the face, throwing that nasty man down onto the floor.

Paul collapsed onto the floor, passed out I presume. Taking the chance, I struck the spies holding onto me as they were distracted. Kicks and punches weren't my forte, but I think I did a good number on them.

I turned back to Roger. Deaky was undoing the ropes around his wrist.

"Darling, you can let go of the gun," Freddie held out his hand.

Roger mindlessly handed it over, shaking. "W-where's Brian? Is he okay? Oh God.."

He saw me through the space between Fred and John. I felt my heart explode as he broke out into more cries. Roger ran over to me, and I ran over to him.

I held him in a tight hug - the tightest hug I'd ever gave anyone. He sobbed into my shoulder. He was trembling. He was overwhelmed.

"Brian! I'm sorry. F*ck, I'm sorry," Roger apologized. He was sorry? He shouldn't be sorry. No no, he was angry and heartbroken, he shouldn't be sorry.

"Shhh... don't apologize. I'm sorry, Roger. This is all my fault. I-I'm sorry."

He pulled away slightly, but I still held onto him. I didn't want to let go. He stared up into my eyes. In an instant, he cupped his hands around my face and tugged me into a swift kiss. I was left breathless.

"Rog..."

"Y-you.. you didn't know... I should have.. I should have listened better," he blushed shyly, "I can't be mad at you anymore. I shouldn't be. T-they're gone now, but I still have you. I-I can't lose you."

I couldn't believe it. He forgave me. Can you imagine? I didn't understand why, but he did. And I was thankful he was safe.

"Oh Roger.. I love you so much," I wiped the tears from his eyes. I squeezed him tight. I felt Freddie lightly tap on my shoulder.

"I, uh, I hate to ruin the moment, but we have to go."

Shouts and the patters of feet started to get louder and louder. Roger and I stared back at each other. I didn't want to, but I had to let go of him. We were on the run.

"Brian, where's the exit?!" John exclaimed.

"I don't know!" I shook my head, panicking.

"What do you mean you don't know?!"