Chapter 21 - You Gotta Fight From The Inside

I twirled a pencil in my hands as I waited with Deaky in the lobby. It was a bit tense. I mean, it was an attack no spy had gained any information on. We didn't anticipate for it to happen.

We were currently waiting for Brian and Roger to arrive. God, what was taking them so long? They were probably getting down and making love in the bloody car!

John was silent as he was fixated on the news on the television, "Good evening, London. This is Kimberly Gill of Channel 4 news. Breaking news, just in, on a terror attack at the Coca Cola London-Eye. It is reported that three small explosions went off; one in the bay, one in town square, and one at the market. Authorities are led to believe that the events today are connected to the attack a few weeks ago at the Trinity Buoy Wharf. So far, there are no causalities, but about a dozen are in the hospital. Further investigation will be followed..."

I started to lose my focus as the news dwindled into different subjects. I grabbed a throw pillow and started to pick on the cover becoming bored out of my mind. Being a spy takes a lot of waiting... boring old waiting!

Roger flopped on the couch with Brian soon following suit. I smirked, "How's the robot sex?"

"I will murder you, Fred," Bri groaned. The blonde giggled.

Brian rested his head back on the sofa as Roger gently pet his mammoth sized hair. Those two are so sweet it feels like I'm getting a million cavities!

"Just looking out for you, deary. You know, too much love will kill you."

"That can't happen if we've only done it once," Roger rolled his eyes.

"Rog!" Brian chided, "That's private!"

"Um???" Deaky perked up. I couldn't control my laughter!

Brian glared at me, "Giggle ass, stop it!"

I held my hands up in surrender, a smile spread on my face. Miami came in a few moments later after our fun settled down.

"Boys, you can come in now!" Roger mimicked Miami before he could speak. The director looked up at the blonde, agitated. He chuckled a bit and proceeded to follow Miami into his office with us.

"Take a seat," Miami commanded. Brian and Roger of course sat next to each other while I took mine next to Deaky.

Roger asked, "What's the dish, bish?"

"Yeah, Miami, what's the sitch, b*tch?" John joined in.

"Don't call me b*tch," he sternly responded.

Deaky recoiled, "Sorry sir."

Miami flashed a smile and nodded in approval. He lifted up his stack of papers and files and readied his speech. Pulling out the pencil from my pocket (to twirl and play with, of course), I leaned back in my chair and awaited the lecture.

"So, I guess we should address the elephant in the room. The attack today. I'd like to applaud you for handling it so well, but it certainly could have gone better."

"How so?" Roger quizzed. Well, duh! It could have. But we saved them, didn't we?

"I had been thinking about the work you have all been doing lately, which is... adequate. You have saved hundreds of lives after all," Miami praised.

"Thank you," Brian said, being the kind tree he is.

"But, it has been leaving a mark on the public. The country's catching on that something bad is happening. These attacks are all over the news. You've prevented the harm done, however you did not prevent the occurrence."

"What are you suggesting?" Brian asked.

Miami elucidated, "It would be optimal if these missions didn't have to happen in the first place. I've observed that our, with lack of a better term, undercover department has been lacking. And I would like to improve on that."