Part 47: Waking up

Hopefully you guys know by now that this is unedited excuse any mistakes

SHAYLA

It's cold where I am so I open my eyes to see I'm outside in the snow and ahead of me lay a forest of trees. The puppy wiggles too much in my arms and I slowly set him on the ground. As loud as the pup can he barks at the woods and then that's when I hear it. The heavy loud growling from the woods. I'm not afraid but I don't move. Two wolfs emerge from the woods and then another and another, six wolves stand before me. One in the color of grey moves forth towards me.

"Umm.... are some of you from Hunter's Pack?" I questioned them, some ears perk up and others stay still. The grey one continues to move towards me, I was feeling extremely cold. The pup stops barking as we hear a howl from that howl comes a brown wolf, one who is familiar comes from the trees. The grey wolf backs down as the brown one come forth.
"Liam?" The brown rushes to me, smelling my scent he bows. Liam growls at the other wolves and they too bow to me.
"Liam can you shift for me please, please take me to Hunter" I immediately hear his bones cracking, i shield my eyes until he lets me know when he has shorts on.
"Luna we have been looking for you" Liam sounds so excited to see me.
I giggle, knowing I'm finally safe. "I know it's jus-......" I couldn't finish because I collapsed. I feel Liam feel for my head, "My Luna you are burning up" Liam picks me up, "wait" I point to my puppy and Liam leans down I grab my friend and Liam runs us into the woods accompanied with other wolves, they began howling and I black out.

***

HUNTER

I was pacing my office after waiting for Shayla to used the item we sent her. I was praying to the moon goddess to guide her here safely to my arms. I waited hour after hour and then. There was crowding by the pack house but from my office window I couldn't see what it was about.

I rush down and there was a path created for me to walk through and standing in the circle of the crowd was Liam and My Mate in his arms.

"Shayla!" I was so glad she was here, I hurry to them.

Mate!

Mark was also excited and happy, I haul Shayla into my arms thinking she was awake but she wasn't, she was covered in sweat, she seemed as she was sick.

"Call the doctors!" I commanded.
"Hunter" I hear her whisper "I'm glad I got to see you again"
"Don't worry Shayla we're going to get you better,okay" she gives me a weak smile and nods, her eyes close again. A pack doctor come to my side and touches her head.
"She has a fever, bring her inside Alpha" I follow the doctor instructions and next thing I know is Shayla is in a bed hooked up to monitors and they have taken blood from Shayla.

I sit at her side in a chair holding her hand.

Mate smells different

I take a sniff of Shayla's hand while she sleeps. Mark isn't lying she does.

Some of the scent is still her but it is mixed with another

Let us not jump to conclusions yet

You're right would should ask besides she is our Shayla, right

Shayla stirs as she is waking up.

SHAYLA

My body is extremely cold and it aches so much. I open my eyes, feeling the heavy weight of my fatigue on my body. I look next to me and find the mate but he looks to be in conservation with his wolf.

"Hunter.." I whisper and Hunter comes to his senses and he looks into my eyes, I also look into his. And for a moment I had no aches, no chills, no fatigue but I wanted to be with Hunter entirely right now and with the look in his eyes he seemed to forget everything else too.

I missed him so much

I give in to desire and kiss Hunter with my life, he brings his body closer in the kiss. I grab onto his hair which is now longer and shine with some clumps of blond loose curls.

I deepen the kiss as he grabs my waist and hovers over my body with his own. His knees are place on either side of me, he stops the kiss and goes for my mark. He does the same bite into my mark and a moan of his name escapes from my lips.

He moves the blanket that separates us and it falls to the floor, following his lead I move my legs to the outside of his and wrap them around his waist. He leans back down to attack my lips again.

Knock knock

Someone was here now and it was probably the doctor but Hunter growls at the person on the other side of the door.

"It's me Alpha, all the test I ran are in"

"I missed you so much" I tell him as I peck his lips and hold his face. He kisses both my hands and place them on his chest, "I love you" my heart soars every time he says the words to me.

The pack doctor comes in and Hunter moves back to his chair. The Doc has a clipboard in her hands.

"So what's going on? Is she okay?" Hunter asks as his hand tightens around mine.

"Well no because first off she has drugs in her system, it's a drug that paralyzes for a certain amount of time, then to find out what's causing that fever is because she is beginning a pregnancy and I won't be able to tell who it is until later in the pregnancy. Also thing is another drug in her system that blocks off the bond between her and you Alpha and pretty much it should lose its affects when you are this close to her." I was speechless hearing someone tell me I'm pregnant, i didn't know what to do and what scared me most was the reaction of looking at Hunter's face.

I have to tell him everything else

"Hunter there is something else you should know" I say then I take a look into his eyes, he also seemed unsure of what to do and angry at the same time, but I don't think he was angry at me.

He didn't say anything else so I continued.

"When I was still kidnapped someone named Luk-" someone comes through the door.

"HELLO you must be the Luna that has returned everyone is talking about" It was Luke who entered the room. His eyes stayed on me as he bowed ever so slowly. I didn't say anything, the memory of him choking me appears in my mind and my hand immediately grips Hunter's hand tighter.

I think this is all for now guys, thank you for reading my book. Please continue to Vote, Follow, and Comment (Author😘)!