Part 21- Meeting Mick

SHAYLA

I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep on Jay's shirt with a drool coming from the side of my mouth.

"Are you better now babe?" Jay asked being concerned about me.

I raise up wiping my drool, "What time is it"

"Uhhh......it's 4:00pm"

"I'm gonna take a shower" I say getting out of bed and heading to my closet to get some clothes

"You'll tell me what you were crying about right?" He says as he side-eyed me at the closet door.

"Yea" with a pair a shorts and a shirt I walk to my bathroom closing the door behind me.

Stripping each piece of clothing I had on to be dropped in the dirty basket I turned on the hot water and hopped in.

Wash day?

Maybe a braid out?

I turned my back towards the shower head and lean back to get my hair soaked in water. Grabbing the shampoo and squirting some in my hand, rubbing them together and smoothing it throughout my hair as the nice coconut shampoo smell fills the bathroom, along with steam my body starts to relax. Rinsing the shampoo right back out I put my coconut conditioner in right after. Stepping little away from the water I take my pick to detangle my type 4a hair. I put a little more conditioner on then put my hair in a plastic cap and wash my body.

After I was done washing myself and rinsing my conditioner out I step out the shower to grap an old shirt off of the bathroom shelf and wrap my hair in and dry the rest of my body off with a towel.
(My actual wash day routine, Author 😘).

I lotion my body and put my clothes on, took of my shirt that had my hair wrapped up. I grap my three things I use for my braid out, my leave-in, moisturizer, and oil to seal all of it in. I go section by section with all three products and Platt each one.

When I was done I grabbed my bonnet put it on and walked out the bathroom.

I sat beside Jay as I read the clock by my TV, 6:58pm.

"You had me wait through your whole wash day, now talk Missy" Jay spoke with sass.

"Jay......"I looked at him feeling myself tear up again.

"Okay...." He sat up straightening his position,".....it must be serious you don't cry a lot"

****************************************************************************

After me and Jay talked I felt a little better but he still suggested I talk to Hunter and I agreed but maybe waiting just a little longer would be okay. Jay left a little after that.

"Shay" my mom said as she entered my room.

"Yes mom"

"We are going to the DMV tomorrow so get some sleep because you know we are going to be there for hours so no school"

"Okay because I do need my license"

"Did you eat something for dinner?"

"No"

"We'll eat something then" she said as she walked out my room.

I hope I pass both of the tests.

Me and my mom just waited till I turned 17 so I could take both test the same day

**********************************************************************************
(Next day)

I woke up with the same routine of waking my brothers up, got dressed, and everyone was out the door walking to school as my mom locked the door, I await in the car.

We were at the DMV by 8:50am and I was crossing my fingers in hoping I would pass both test.

"Alright baby I have a few errands to run so call me if you are having any problems" my mom said as she pulled up to the door at the DMV.

"Okay, I think I have everything I will need but you will need to be back with the car by the driving portion of the test"

"Mhm I know now go on in"

"Kay, Kay"I spoke as I got out the car and close the door behind me.

I walked and type in the touchscreen computer what I was here for and it printed out a ticket number with letters.

"B235" was the lucky ticket to have me as it's holder.

I sat down in a open chair and put my earphones in because I know they are not going to call me for hours.

I had been waiting for an hour and a half now when someone sat beside me.

"Hi, How are you?" The man beside me was white and seem to be tall, he had brown eyes, shoulder length 3b brown curls, a sharp jawline, thick eyebrows, and thin lips, and he looks like he works out.

I paid the man my attention, "I'm good and you," I took out my earphones.

"I'm fine, and your cute, what's your name?"

"Thank you, and it's Shayla. What about yours?" I smiled.

"Well sweetie I have a lot of names but you, cutie, can call me Mick"