~308~

~Tsukishima~

I'm currently sat on Hinata's couch, he's on my lap same as always. I don't mind, he's pretty light, it's not like he's going to break my thighs so I'm chill with it. Kageyama's sat in armchair on the other side of the room, next to the wall, and Yamaguchi's sat on the floor in front of the couch. I don't know why he's sat on the floor, there's plenty of space on the couch but apparently he's comfy where he is. We're only waiting on Yachi, of course she's the one who takes forever to get here. She's probably putting way too much effort into her appearance, same as always, to look good for Yamaguchi. I'm 99% sure that they're together, I've thought that for ages. Everyone always says that they're together but, if you ask one of them, they'll say that it's a lie. Personally, I think they're shy about it which is pretty pathetic, no one would care if they were together so why not be up front about it?

There's a knock at the door, that must be Yachi. "I'll get it!" Shoyo gets up and goes to the door. Now it's just me, Yamaguchi and Kageyama in the room. Well, I guess Yamaguchi will have to keep the peace between the two of us unless Shoyo comes back quickly.

Wait no, he's back already. Yachi's following behind him. She has a plastic bag which she puts on the table. "Hey guys, sorry I took so long." I can see a small blush on Yamaguchi's cheeks, he obviously thinks she looks cute. High key, they'd be ok as a couple. She's definitely a good match for my best friend. "But I brought extra controllers." She pulls out four other joycons and two of the connectors out the bag.

"Ooh nice!" Hinata sits back on my lap, which I very much appreciate, and smiles at her. "Now we can all have a full controller!" He already has one set of joycons and two pro controllers. If you add Yachi's into the mix, we do have five full controllers. Well no shit Tsukki, it's basic maths. Forget I even thought anything, my brain is turning to fucking mush.

The king lets out an audible sigh. "Can we just start the damn game? I've been ready to kick boke's ass for the past half an hour." He hasn't even been here half an hour, unlike me who's basically been here all day, so he can piss right off.

A smirk crawls onto Hinata's face, it suits him. "You wish! I'll have you know, Bakageyama, that I'm basically a master at smash bros!" Yeah right, I highly doubt that. No offence to him but he seems like the type of person who mains one of those characters who have what can basically described as a win button like Kirby and that god forsaken hammer. "Besides, I haven't lost a game yet this season!"

Now it's my turn to speak. "You say season like this is some kind of intense game or tournament. It's not, it's just smash bros." I scoff. "And besides, the only person you've played against recently is Natsu."

He pouts and folds his arms, how cute of him. "Shut up, practice is practice and Natsu's pretty good for her age!"

I ruffle his hair. "It's alright Sho, I was just pissing about no need to get so defensive." I've learnt that Hinata is a very defensive person. It's quite funny to watch, especially when you push all the right buttons. I really shouldn't be going out of my way to make him go into defensive mode but, I won't lie, it's very entertaining. "Come on, let's start the game and you can have some fun, hm?" He nods, seeming to cheer up. Good.

The king rolls his eyes. "I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't know how you deal with Hinata. There's no way I could deal with someone that high maintenance.."

"Eh?! I'm not high maintenance! Bakageyama!"

Yamaguchi sighs and boots up the game, passing everyone a controller. I notice that he and Yachi have the pro controllers which puts them at an immediate advantage because they're arguably better than the two joycons strapped together. Oh well, who really cares anyway? This is, quite literally, just a game. Unless we put bets on it, I have no reason to want to win. We all connect our controllers and pick our characters. The selection goes something like this. Yamaguchi's playing Corrin, his name is Freckles~. Yachi's playing Jigglypuff, her name is Yacchan. Hinata's playing Kirby, I totally called it, his name is Gingernut which is very fitting and adorable. Kageyama's playing Joker, his name is K N U F F. Why the fuck is his name K N U F F? Is it like an inside joke or something? And then there's me, playing Donkey Kong with the name GetClapped.

We set the rules to loser chooses the map. Yamaguchi gets to choose first though because he's player one and there hasn't been any losers yet. He chooses mementos which, in my opinion, is a pretty good stage. As the game starts, Hinata whispers something in my ear. "Go after Kageyama with me?" I smirk, sounds like a plan. Oh boy, this is going to be a fun evening.