~318~

~Tsukishima~

Where the fuck is the midget? He's twenty minutes late and it's really starting to piss me off. He was the one who confessed so he better not stand me up. Oh my god, imagine getting stood up by Hinata of all people; just the thought of it makes me cringe. The song ends and a new one starts playing, nine in the afternoon by panic at the disco, which makes it a little better. It's honestly one of the only songs on my playlist I can stand at the moment.

Back to the street where we began...

The world around me fades away as I get lost in the music, lost in the lyrics in particular. It almost makes me forget about Hinata and how late he is, the key word being almost.

Feeling as good as lovers can, you know...

"Tsukishima!" The familiar, annoying voice pierces through the music. I roll my eyes and shut down spotify, tugging my headphones down so they hang around my neck. What a shame. The song had barely even started and I already had to shut it down. Still, I'm glad that he showed up. Hinata looks up at me with what I can only assume is a sorry expression. It annoys me but it does suit him, makes him look cute. Scratch that, his entire outfit makes him look cute. Especially those jeans, does he even realise how tight they are? He probably did that on purpose, the little shit, and he probably did it to make me feel... however the hell it's making me feel. I don't know. Feelings are bullshit.

I eventually snap out of my thoughts, a glare forming on my face. "Took you long enough, shrimp." I snap, trying to mask whatever thoughts I was just having in case Hinata noticed anything was up. I have a reputation and I'm not willing to lose it, especially not because of a pathetic shrimp like him. He is a cute pathetic shrimp though... wait what?! Brain no! Ew! Stop thinking!

Hinata bows his head, now looking down at the ground. "I'm sorry Tsukishima... I took longer getting ready than I expected..." He genuinely sounds sorry, it's a weird change but welcome, I can't be arsed dealing with his usual stubbornness.

"Don't worry about it. At least you're here now." As you can see, I'm trying my best to be nice to him. I think that's what people do on dates, be nice to each other. I don't know, I've never been on an actual date before, I've never bothered with feelings before now -  ain't nobody got time for that. Anyway, I pat the small boy's head, leaving my hand there for a few seconds. Honestly, I wasn't expecting his hair to be this soft and, well, fluffy. I drop my hand to my side again when I realise Hinata's face has gone redder. "Hey! No getting ill on me now!" I know he's not ill, I'm not stupid, it's a blush and I'm willing to take the piss out of it.

"I-I'm not ill, idiot!" Well would you look at that? He's stammering, how cute. "It's called a blush, ever heard of one?"

I roll my eyes. "Of course I've heard of a blush, dumbass, I was just messing with you but apparently you're too stupid to understand what sarcasm is." I scoff, covering my mouth and laughing into my hand.

His face turns redder still but I can't tell if it's embarrassment, anger or both. "Don't call me a dumbass! Stingyshima!" Folding his arms, he looks away from me. I don't know why but it makes my heart wrench. Good job Tsukishima, you pissed him off.

"Hey... Hina..." I crouch down a little so I'm at his level and plaster on a weak smile. "Don't be like that..." I rest a hand on his shoulder, trying to make it look like I'm sorry when I'm really not. Well I say that, I certainly feel sorry but that can't be right. This is shrimpy we're talking about, he deserves no sympathy, especially not from me, I have other, better, things to worry about.

~Hinata~

What is wrong with me? Even when he teases me, I still can't help but forgive him even when I know he's saying what he says to tease me and I'm playing right into his hands. I can't help it though, it's not my fault, that's just what love does to someone. Love... it's a strong word, that's for sure, and it sure as hell stings when the one you love doesn't return your feelings. At least, he doesn't at the moment, if it goes right I'll convince him, I'm sure I will.

I look over my shoulder at him, my quote on quote signature smile back on my face. "It's ok, I forgive you! Now come on, there's so much to do before it gets dark!" Grabbing his hand and holding it tightly like a couple would do (I can only dream) I start running to wherever my legs take me. The park is big and Tsukishima makes no effort to fight against me as I drag him along which is nice, easier for me anyway.

The first thing I see that catches my eye is a tree, a very tall tree that looks perfect for climbing. An idea clicks in my mind and, oh boy, do I like this idea. "Hey Tsukishima?" I look back up at him with a sweet smile, hopefully convincing him to agree. "You want to race? First one to reach that top branch is the winner!"

He raises his eyebrows. "Oh? I would agree but, knowing you, there's going to be some kind of catch." He leans down and looks me in my eyes, making my face flush red but I have to be calm about it. "Care to explain what you have in mind?"

It takes me a while to actually get my words out, they seem to be caught in my throat and it sucks. I'm usually not like this, all tongue tied. "W-well... let's make it a forfeit bet then..." Finally, I managed to say something. "The loser has to take one order from the winner, and one only. Not that you're going to win but think about it. Don't waste it because I know I won't!"

He chuckles and ruffles my hair, sending shivers down my spine. God damn it, why is he doing that? It's like he wants to make me flustered. "Game on, shrimpy." Oh wow, he actually agreed. Well that's a very pleasant surprise. I thought for sure that he'd say no and make fun of me so this is nice.

"Alright! Game on!" I run off, ignoring Tsukishima's respond and assuming that he's running to, quickly reaching the first branch of the tree. Beginning to quickly climb up the tree, I feel the wind brush against my skin as I get higher and higher. It's a great feeling even though one wrong move could send me straight back to the ground but who cares? Tsukishima would take care of me after he finishes laughing which would make it all worth it! I reached the top branch and whooped, looking down and finding out Tsukishima was only halfway up the tree. "Ha! I win!" I stick my tongue out at him. "Have fun doing what I say!"

"Whatever shrimp." He rolls his eyes, clearly annoyed that I beat him but what was he expecting? Not to toot my own horn but I'm arguably the fastest one on the team. Even Kageyama said he's jealous of me speed so hah! He didn't stand a chance from the start!

We climb down from the tree and I immediately take his hand again. He doesn't pull away which is surprising but he was the one who asked me out today so...whatever, I probably shouldn't think over it too much.

----------Time Skip----------

So our little date ended, much to my despair. I'd prefer tonight to last forever but I know that's not how time works. On the bright side, I have gained a hoodie. Yachi's plan went well, he noticed me shivering and lent me his hoodie. Honestly, I'm loving it. It's so oversized, the sleeves are like twice the size of my arm, and it smells like him which is a double bonus. Wait, did I seriously just say that it smelling like him is a bonus? I mean, I'm not wrong but...shut up! I'm not a stalker! Brain stop thinking!

He actually agreed to walk me home. Well, I say agreed but I never really asked him to, he just kind of walked me home and I wasn't about to complain. I was about to ask why he even asked me out today and if he even liked me but my questions got answered when Tsukishima leaned down and kissed my cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow Hinata." He left me at my door, flustered and going into a slight gay panic. Did that actually just happen?

There is honestly so much more that I wanted to write for this chapter but it's already about three times the length of the other chapters so I left it. Also, it's getting dangerously close to Monday and I had to get this done in time. I hope you liked it anyway.