Chapter one: Baby

The picture of the girl is how I imagined Kate enjoY!!!!!!!!

%%%%%%%%

"Wake up your going to be late for school!" My mother shouted from the kitchen.

The sentence i dreaded most.

I'm not like most people, saying I hate school. You see I was homeschooled till the age of 15 sophomore year in high school and two years later at the age of 17 I'm still stuck in the same place. It sucks to have no one know who you are be an outsider and not like the cool kind in the book. I have never been really good at making friends, I would blame my parents for not letting me be a normal kid or a normal teenage girl but they thought it would be best for me.

When I was 4 months old and I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis and the exact definition for cystic fibrosis is a hereditary disorder affecting the exocrine glands. It causes the production of abnormally thick mucus, leading to the blockage of the pancreatic ducts, intestines, and bronchi and often resulting in respiratory infection.which basically means I have a crap load of mucus in my lungs intestines and pancreas which sucks. My life expectancy is 33 which is the age my life should begin. I should be able to fall in love, have kids, and grow old, but none of that is guaranteed and I know no one is guaranteed to live a full life but it's just more difficult for doctors to tell you that you are going to die. Wait I lied I do believe everyone will live a full life because I read a quote that once said 'the span of a life time isn't counted in years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, or seconds, it is measured by who you touch and the people that touch you' and I guess that is hard to accomplish when I have no social life whatsoever.

By now I am definitely late for school. I run to my bathroom and pull out my hair from the braids I slept in, not even one wave. I always try to do something with my flat brown hair that only seems to part down the middle. I don't have time to think so I just let my hair win. I brush it so it falls loosely on my hips. I don't like makeup and frankly I don't have time to do it so I just leave myself natural. I run to my closet and throw on my Levi mom jeans and a crop top that has a low V neck and ties in the back. I felt like dressing a little special because who knows maybe someone will hit their head hard enough to look in my direction.

I run down stairs not wanting to be late for school and I throw on my Adidas that are starting to look more brown than white and run out the door to my moms car.

She smiles at me kindly and I smile back.

"So honey, are you nervous?"

"Terrified," I lied because my mom loves coaxing me.

"Oh just relax this will be the best year of your life. I remember my senior year..."

She rambles on, but I can't find it in myself to listen. How I love this poor woman. I could never bear to break her heart she was like the China in our kitchen, fragile, old, but breathtaking and beautiful. I love her.

We arrive at school and I say good bye to my mom as she hugs me tightly. I walk into the office and receive my schedule. Not upset with anyone of my classes I walk to the first one which is English. At least it wasn't science, god I suck at that class. Just as I make my way to class the bell rings, shit already late on the first day.

Finally I'm standing in front of room 43 I walk in and immediately the teacher stands up and says, "Katherine Hill thank you for finally joining us would you please inform me and the rest of the class why you were late."

"Well let's see," i pause, "I didn't want to sit i here while you talk about your failed acting career in your 20's and how you became an teacher and how miserable you are now. Oh and it's the rest of the class and I."