Finally (Part 2)

Hey guys! Last chapter! Woot woot <3 :D

I'm sad that the story's coming to an end and also a bit excited 'cause well... it's coming to an END!

Like, woah!

I've been writing this short story that I love to call my masterpiece for over half a year! O:

That's a lot to me, by the way (;

Well, here you go. The next part of Chapter 16.

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

---------

CHAPTER - 16 (Part 2)

My palms were sweaty and my hand started shaking as I put my hand on the knob of the front door of my house.

It was late in the evening, probably after seven. Shaking off the nervousness that settled in my head, I turned the handle and pushed it open.

Justin gave a quick squeeze on my shoulder. He was here with me too. For moral support, I guessed.

I was going to tell my mother about my relationship with Justin today. I had decided to keep the relationship a secret from my family (except Brian would know by now), but Justin suggested that I tell her. He thought that was the right way.

Of course that is the right way! Although, the right isn't always the easiest thing to do.

I walked in with Justin by my side. He threaded his fingers through mine. I noticed how they seemed to fit in perfectly with each other. A slight involuntary smile made its way into my face as we walked into the living room.

She wasn't there.

Then we checked the kitchen, bathroom and the basement but she wasn't there either. We climbed up the stairs to the first floor and checked my bedroom and the adjacent bathroom. All that was left was my mom's bedroom.

I slowly opened the door and heard it creak. I flinched when I realized that the noise was louder than expected.

Scanning the room, I found my naturally beautiful mother asleep on the queen sized bed situated in the middle of the room. Sighing in relief, I quickly tried to get out of the room - before mom woke up - without making any noise.

Suddenly, Justin's hand clasped mine tightly and held me in place.

"Where'd you think you're going?" He whispered, raising an eyebrow.

"Outside?" I whispered back, smiling sheepishly.

"No, Ray. You have to confront the problem. Don't run away from it," he tried to explain.

"But I don't want to!" I sounded like a whining child now.

"You're not five Ray. Go and wake your mom. Tell her about us. She's not going to be mad at you, I promise."

"I can't wake her up. Let her wake up on her own. I'll tell her then, OK?" I said, making sure to put on the best puppy doggy face.

He chuckled (Oh gosh, he chuckled!) and shook his head, "You're lucky you're pretty."

I smiled and pulled him with me as I closed the door. We went downstairs and decided to wait here while my mom woke up on her own.

"Do you want something to eat? Drink?" I asked, suddenly turning host-mode.

"Yeah, a lemonade would be nice," he said.

"Sure."

After drinking my 'delicious' lemonade, as he puts it, we sat on the couch and turned on the TV. An Audrey Hepburn movie was running and I'm not sure what it was but we watched it anyways.

Justin stretched himself and got up from the couch. The movie had finished over an hour ago and there was still no sign of my mom waking up. I was starting to worry now.

"Why isn't she waking up?" I asked Justin.

As if in cue, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I immediately tensed up as I watched my mom come down with ruffled hair and an old pair of pajamas.

Justin moved closer to me as we watched my mother closely as to when she would turn sideways and see her own daughter with the boy she despised the most in the world.

As if on cue, again, just as the thought of her turning her head entered my mind, she turned to look at us.

At first, a whole bunch of emotions seemed to cross through her face. I could make out confusion, anger, hurt, happiness and-

Wait, happiness?

That emotion was gone within a nanosecond and now I doubted whether it was there in the first place.

"Why is he here?" My mom asked the question, obviously directed at me. Her sound was that of an Army General. Terrifying, commanding and loud all in the same monotonous sound.

"Mom, before you start yelling, let me expl-" I started, but was cut off by Justin as he held out his hand for my mom to shake.

"Hi Jennifer, it's been a long time," he said in a calm voice.

His sound seemed to calm me too and I felt a teensy bit relaxed than before.

"Hi Justin, I could say the same about you. May I ask why you're here?" I could feel my mom trying to keep her anger in check but I had a feeling that it wouldn't last that long.

"I wanted to ask you if you would let your daughter go on a date with me."

Wow. He never told me he was going to ask my mom for permission to go out with me. That was extremely sweet.

The phrase 'old school' crossed my mind and I smiled a bit at the thought even though it wasn't the right time to do so.

I watched my mother's face. She seemed to be thrown off guard by his strange question.

"I didn't know kids these days asked their parents for permission. I thought they made decisions on their own," she mused, thinking out loud to herself.

Justin turned to look at me and winked. My face started heating up and I knew that a defiant blush was growing on my face.

Only he could make me blush in a situation like this one.

"You know Justin, you've always been a peculiar kid. I thought I disliked you very much till this very second but you seemed to haven't changed at all. You always seem to surprise me every chance you get," my mom said, smiling slightly.

Her smile grew wider as she continued, "One fine day, I come home and see a picture of you and my daughter on the cover page of a magazine and the next day, you're standing here in front of me asking permission to date my daughter. You really do amuse me boy."

"Is that a compliment?" Justin asked nervously.

"Of course it is! If my Ray is happy to be with you, then I have nothing to object about you dating Rachel," she said.

My mom hugged Justin and I stood there still shocked of the way my mom's feelings towards Justin changed.

It feels like I went back ten years back. Like we used to be back in Canada...

Everything is turning alright again.

---------

'...AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER'

Okay. Last chapter's done and ITS TIME FOR YOU TO VOTE!!

Thanks guys for your endless support Wattpad fans! I owe you so much.

<3 <3