The Forgotten Past

CHAPTER - 4

Rachel's POV

Justin and I had been talking for about two weeks now. And yes, he forced me to call him Justin. His personality and his name reminded me of someone...

Someone I didn't want to think about. Someone I erased from my life forever. I rather not talk about him.

I switched on my laptop as soon as I got home. My mother has been snooping on me too much lately. I told her I was just talking to Anne. Like she would ever believe that.

I logged on to MSN as usual and saw that Justin was online. A smile automatically appeared on my face. He was different. He was someone who I could tell everything to because I trust him.

Maybe it was because I knew he could never spread around my secrets because he never knew where I lived.

Or maybe because you love him.

Was that another voice in my head? Since when did my mind split into two? Oh well, I decided to ignore the voice in my head. And besides, I haven't even met him.

Me: hey Justin!

He replied almost instantly.

BeingMyself: hey Ray! How was school?

Me: as boring as it will ever be... :(

BeingMyself: cheer up! It's not that bad u know?

Me: u have no idea how it is. Seeing as how u have a tutor and all. -.-

Yes, he had a private tutor. I mean, how lucky is he? Getting a private tutor and all. He can laze around whenever he wants and his private tutor is pretty cool. Her name is Ashley.

BeingMyself: don't be so negative. Besides, I used to go to school till 9th grade. (:

Me: yeah. I know

BeingMyself: what are u doing today?

Me: idk /: everything is SOO boring these days

As I was waiting for his reply, an idea struck me! What if I could ask to meet him. I know it's a long shot but its worth it. This boy is special.

Me: hey Justin, would we ever meet?

I waited for about five minutes until his reply finally came.

BeingMyself: I don't know Ray.

Me: but why?

BeingMyself: I think u might not like me when u come to know who I am.

Who he is? What is he talking about? Oh yeah, his secret identity. I still don't know who he is and I ask him that question everyday.

Me: Justin, who are you?

That must have been the hundredth time I would have asked that question. I knew he must have been bored of me asking the same question but I needed to know who he was. He was practically my best friend now!

BeingMyself: I'm not gonna answer that cuz u already know what the answer is -.-

Me: BUT JUSTIN! You have to tell me someday...

BeingMyself: yes. I know. I'll tell u someday, but not today ):

The same question and the same replies. Why god?! Why?!

BeingMyself: speaking of my name... Did u listen to Bieber yet?

Oh yeah, I just remembered that he had asked me a couple of days ago to listen to Voldemort's songs. I can't. I won't.

Why?

Because I made a promise. And if you know me, then you would also know that I DO NOT break a promise. Ever.

So I decided to reply with a simple no.

His reply was immediate.

BeingMyself: but why won't u?

Me: I can't tell u

BeingMyself: why?

Me: secret (:

It was a secret. It was a deep, dark secret. I have never told anyone about it and I never planned on telling him either. He couldn't know about this. No one, not even Anne knew about it.

I couldn't tell anyone else. My mom knows, obviously. And that's it. Not another soul.

You should know that I moved to Atlanta when I was fourteen. I used to live in Canada. Canada is still my home. I love it so much but I could never go back home. Mom told me that we wouldn't.

Stratford was a calm, almost-deserted place in Canada. It held most of my precious memories and I cry whenever I hear one of the songs that I used to listen to in Canada come on the radio here.

I lived in Stratford, Ontario. I had four best friends. We were a tight-knit group consisting of three boys, a girl and me.

We always hung out at each other's house and surprisingly, mom never stopped me from going into a house of two boys and a girl. Maybe, she must have felt that I wouldn't do anything with them.

The only girl in our group was Andrea, apart from me. She was the girl I went to when I had secret dates with guys who my mom had no idea of. She was really pretty with stormy, grey eyes and jet black hair.

Then there was Ryan. He was the jester of our group. He would always be there whenever one of us needed a cheer up. He was the lively one. We called him Chef because his last name was Butler.

Then came Chaz. He reminded me of a dolphin. I guess it was because his last name was Somers and dolphins somersault in the air. It's an odd connection but I am odd. He was the prankster. We all played pranks but he was the best. We could never outsmart him. Yeah, he was too good.

And lastly, there was J. I don't like talking about him. He was the one I was closest to out of all my friends. We would share all our secrets and jokes. I have told him many secrets that even my other three friends don't know of.

He was a great singer. He had the most beautiful voice in the world. I would listen to him sing all day. I would call him up just to heat him sing to me at night. Like a lullaby.

He was perfect. Keyword being 'was'. He isn't someone I like to talk about anymore. I still talk to my other three friends but not him. Never.

J left when to someplace in the USA when we were twelve. He didn't say a word to me. Never told me where he was going.

But a year later, I saw his picture on the front page of the newspaper. JUSTIN BIEBER, SELLS OUT GARDEN IN 22 MINUTES! It was him, singing onstage. He had finally got what he wanted. I was happy for him. But then, anger boiled inside of me.

How could he not tell me that this is why he had moved away. I would have been so happy for him. I would have made him the delicious cookies I make.

But no, he didn't tell me anything. I thought I was his best friend. I thought we were supposed to tell each other everything.

I deleted him from my contacts. Not that he would have called me anyway. I didn't go to school for a week. Mom told me that I had to be strong and that he wasn't a good friend if he left me like that.

Two years later, mom got a job in Atalanta, USA. We moved and I decided to start fresh. No more thoughts about my ex-best friend. Justin Bieber.

He was my best friend.

The funny thing was, Justin a.k.a BeingMyself reminded me so much of J. The way he talks, the way he comforts me and whatnot.

I guess I made a new best friend.

-------

HEYYY! Thanks for the reads. 32 reads. That's a big deal for me ya know?

KEEP COMMENTING, VOTING AND FANNING!

THANKSS <3