Who are you?

CHAPTER - 2

I shut the door to my house and walked out. My mom came out running and said, "Do not go talking to boys. I do not allow that at my house. Do you understand?" I nodded getting bored by hearing the same words over and again for the past seventeen years of my life.

I walked down my street heading to Anne's house. I saw her waiting outside wearing a pair of black skinny jeans and white hoodie, over which she had worn her new navy blue Abercrombie jacket.

I looked down at my clothes which were a pair of grey jeans and a purple jacket. Purple has always been my favorite color. Blue and purple are the color of winter. They make my body feel cool and calm all the time.

"Hey there A!" I hollered at her. She ran down her driveway and came to me.

"Whatsup?"

"Did you learn for the math test?" she enquired.

"Nope." I said, popping the 'p'. I never learn for a test. But the funny thing is, I get full marks.

"Of course you didn't." She sighed. She really envied me for my unusual study skills.

We reached the entrance of the school when I spotted Benjamin. I remembered his invitation for chat yesterday and ran up to him.

"Hey Ben, did you create a new account for your MSN?" I asked.

"No, why would you ask that?" he replied, confused.

"Um...nothing." I said, disappointed. If Benjamin was not 'BeingMyself', the. Who was it?

I walked back to Anne. She saw my disappointed face and asked, "What's wrong Ray?"

"Nothing Anne." I lied.

I decided against telling her about 'BeingMyself'. I really want to talk to this 'BeingMyself' guy. Or girl. I have to get to the bottom I this.

I am making a big fuss about this because I do not accept random invitations from unknown strangers. No way josé!

----

School had been like a snail. I couldn't wait to get back home and talk to BeingMyself. Who is that guy? Is he a 'he' or a 'she'? What does he want?

I literally ran home from school and logged onto my computer. Since my mother had to work late, I could be on the computer till she came back home.

I logged onto my MSN and waited for what felt like hours, but in reality a minute. It finally logged on. I looked to my list of contacts and saw it! He (or she) was online! Just my luck.

I clicked on his profile and saw that it was indeed a 'he'. I scanned the page and found the following details:

Name : Jackson Parks

Age: 17

Gender: Male

Email ID: iwannabeme@live.ca

Location: Atlanta

live.ca? He must be from Canada. But he lives here, in Atlanta. Confusing.

I clicked in his chat button and decided to ask him who he was.

Me: Hello

I waited for about five minutes when he finally replied.

BeingMyself: hi