Chapter 10

--Numb, Nausea and Newcomers!--

Six long weeks since that fateful night.

To my dismay, I am still alive.

I haven't seen Dean nor Holden since I gave them the soul destroying news.

I go to work, do my job, return home and huddle up on the sofa until I fall into abyss.

Sleep is my only friend. It blocks out the pain.

Why can't the wolf spirits let me die?

Today, it's just another boring day. I arrive at work to start dealing with meetings and clients, making calls and typing up letters like always.

I sip on a strong black coffee while typing an email reply, when my stomach churns.

Eurgh!

I leap up from my seat, sprinting full pelt to the ladies bathroom, throwing myself at the toilet. I vomit violently, so bad that my eyes stream with pain.

That's how the rest of the day continues; working and throwing up.

I have no idea what's going on.

Wolves don't get sick!

We have an unusually high immune system, so no human bugs or viruses effect us.

What could it be?

Hmm...

Mr Fray sends me home after the fourth time I rush to the bathroom.

He says I should take the rest of the week off--only two days--to recover from whatever illness I have.

So here I am, snuggled up on the sofa with my duvet. The television blares out mindless junk.

Boring!

I haven't been able to keep any food down and it feels vile.

My stomach is empty, but it continued to churn with nausea.

A knock at my door forces me off the sofa, the duvet still huddled around me as I feel freezing.

I slowly wander out to the front door.

I open it to see a guy--he must be in his mid twenties--and by his scent, he was a rogue wolf!

Shit.

"Oh, hello dear Liz! God I missed you girl! Wow you don't look so good!" The guy says in a friendly way, a sweet smile on his face.

I take in his features, feeling a familiar pull to him.

Then it hits me. "Soul!?" I gasp.

He grins, nodding. "You remember me!" He exclaims.

Soul was a childhood friend from school. He was the only guy I didn't sleep with at school.

He was lovely, caring, supportive and he didn't judge me.

I squeak, drop the duvet and slam myself into his arms, wrapping mine around his neck, squeezing him hard. "Oh Soul! You've turned up at the best time, but why the heck do you smell like a rogue?" I breathe him in.

Soul chuckles humourlessly. "I was kicked out of my pack up north. I've been rogue for 8 months."

I am shocked! Why the hell was a guy like this a rogue?

"Oh Soul! Come in! Come in!" I grin, yanking his hand.

"So... Miss Knight! Who knocked you up? Was it your mate?"

My eyes widen. "What?"

"You're err... shit, you don't know! I could smell it the second you opened the door!" Soul gasps, his hand over his mouth.