Chapter 4

--The Worried Wolf--

As I lay there that night in bed, I couldn't help but think about Mr Riley, my mate.

I was so confused.

How could I even choose between him and Dean without knowing him or who he is.

Just at that moment, my bedroom window squeaked open, causing me to scream in panic.

What the hell?

I see a clothed leg slip in, then another. Then a flexible body, a toned chest. Arms, shoulders, neck and a head.

I am greeted by my mate.

My wolf howls excitedly, bounding around in my head.

I jump off the bed, unsure of what I should be doing.

I was drawn to Mr Riley like a strong magnetic pull, but I felt as though I'd be betraying Dean.

Why the hell am I so conflicted?

"Oh, hello Mr Riley." I whisper, unsure of what else to say.

I am greeted with a mouth watering, sexy grin. "Lizzie. How are you?"

I swallow. "I'm ok. You?" I ask shyly.

I watch as Mr Riley stalks towards me, my stomach doing somersaults at the prospect of him being close to me.

His hand slowly slips onto my waist and he pulls me close to him. Our bodies touching intimately, especially with the fact that I am wearing nothing but a large t-shirt just about covering my modesty.

Mr Riley skims his nose over my neck, breathing in deeply, making me whimper. "By the way dear mate, my name is Holden. Please stop calling me Mr Riley, it makes me feel old."

I swallow hard and nod at him.

"Holden." I whisper, my body having a mind of its own, slowly placing my shaky hands on his muscled biceps.

Yum!

"Now that is sexy. Say it again!" He moans.

Answering his request. "Holden." I whisper again.

"Kiss me Lizzie. Now." He murmurs, his warm sweet breath enveloping me.

I give in to my wolf, who is begging me to accept the offer, to give Holden--our mate--what he wants.

I stroke my hands up his arms, his shoulders and up his neck. Being rewarded with a slight shiver from Holden, I tangle my hands in his hair, gripping tightly and pulling his face down to my level, crushing my lips against his.

Sparks devour my body, empowering tingles taking over, making me moan.

Our lips connect. My soft submissive lips shaping around the strong controlling lips of my mate.

Holden slips his hands further around my body, splaying them out across my bare ass, groping hard.

"I want you." He whispers into my mouth. "Do you want me?"

I nod. "Yes I do, but please don't mark me." Holden's eyes shoot with pain. "Not yet. I want to wait. I'm not ready for that just yet."

Holden pulls back and looks at me. "You don't want me? Are you rejecting me?"

I sigh and pull out of his grip. "Come sit, Holden. I need to explain some stuff to you."

I walk over to the bed, and pull the cover over me, sitting cross legged.

Holden reluctantly follows, and sits at the end of the bed, watching me with confusion.

"I... err..." I stutter.