I failed... but the story goes on!

He is a man. As much as he reminds me that he's a demon, he is more man than most men. I hated the fact that I had fallen in love with him because i knew he'd never return the feeling. I wasn't even sure he was capable of speaking the three magical words.

I sighed and closed my eyes, covering my eyes with my forearm as i fell back on my bed. At least i was almost assured of ending my days with him at my side. In exactly one year, Quinn would be freed from me. If i survived 'til then, i was guaranteed to die attempting to bind him again.

"Heather! Where's the god damned

remote!" Quinn yelled from the living room.

I sat up in bed, my arms dropping to my sides. "Should be on the living room table. And where have you been?" I asked and stood up, grabbing my barobe before i left my room and met up with him in the licing room.

"Went out to eat." Was his only reply. A cold, end of discussion answer.

-----

I leaned against the wall and observed them from a distance. It was neither rare nor frequent for demons to meet during binds. It happened at random intervals. Qeno and I had been split for a while because of the bind I was in. And from what I was seeing, he was getting a much sweeter deal from his bind.

I smiled as I tried to imagine how he felt with that girl as an owner. What was she making him do? The blue and purple, shorthaired girl reached up and cupped his cheeks, grinning at him. He stood there, staring down at her as he would anyone - cold, emotionless. She lifted herself onto the tip of her toes and pulled down on his face, forcing a kiss upon his lips.

I moved away from the wall and made my way to them as Qeno reached up and grabbed her hands, pulling them from his face and stepping back. He spun her about and she ended up with her back pressed against his chest and her arms crossed over hers. ‘’Having fun Qeno?’’ I asked once I was within human hearing distance.

‘’Go away.’’ he growled over the girl’s head without looking at me.

‘’Aww, why so hostile towards your own kind?’’ I asked him, teasingly, in the squeakiest voice I could muster.

‘’Is that another demon?’’ the little human peeped, her attention focusing on me rather than her struggle to get out of Qeno’s grasp. ‘’Oooh, you’re so pretty. Well… I mean… uh… ‘’ she stumbled on her words, her eyes shifting between myself, the ground and some angle which I assumed was an attempt to look at Qeno.

He finally let her go with a shove that made her stumble away, immediately turning on me and pinning me against a parked car door. ‘’You are trouble. We both know that. Leave.’’

‘’Oh my, Qeno does not want trouble?’’ I moved my gaze over to the human who was walking over slowly, hesitantly. ‘’What has happened to the vengeful Qeno?’’ I asked, in a sweet, honest voice and returned my eyes to Qeno’s.

In reply he simply growled at me once more, his form shifting ever so slightly to reveal the face of the demon I knew. He gave my shoulders a shake before he left me again, grabbing the human by the arm roughly as he walked past her in the opposite direction and proceeded to leave.