5 days later... 10 100 words - at least I reached the 2 week goal!

“Jump!” I yelled.

    She shook her head vigorously, sending tears flying off her cheeks. The droplets shined under the sun's rays like miniature diamonds. “Just do it, damn it! Jump!” I yelled back, ignoring the beauty of the tears she cried.

    “Don't make me do this. You don't have to!” she pleaded as she looked over her shoulder at me. “Please!”

    “Don't make me push you.” I stated simply.

    The adrenaline was coursing through me, I felt cold yet warm. Part of me wanted to just stop and laugh it off as a prank but the real me wouldn't let that part speak loud enough to act apon.

    “Why don't you? Why don't you push me?” She yelled, turning to face me. Her movement made her lose her balance slightly, her arms flailed trying to stabilize herself. My heart began to race with anticipation but deception filled me when she managed to stay standing.

    With a sigh I crouched down to our backpacks and rummaged through my own until I found a metal ruler. She eyed me cautiously when I took a step towards her with the ruler held tight in my hand. “Really? You're going to stab me to death with a ruler? Or maybe hack me up?” her eyes were wild and filled with tears, but they had stopped flowing down her cheeks.

    I kept quiet and walked closer until I was an arms length from her. “No. You asked me to push you.” As I said this I reached out with the ruler and pushed her in the chest with it.

    Her eyes opened wide. Her hands gripped the ruler, only sliding along its' length and slicing open her hands. It did nothing to help her regain her balance this time.

    Time seemed to have stopped. I watched her hands slide across the ruler, her body slowly angling backwards and over the ledge. Her eyes never lost sight of me as she started to fall into the emptiness. When I lost sight of her, time sped up again and I rushed to the ledge to see her fall the final distance and crash onto the pavement below. Even this far up I heard the sound of her body hitting ground and of bones breaking.

    I smiled, satisfied with my day's work. I returned to my backpack, took out disposable tissues and alcohol, cleaned the ruler of her blood and burned the soiled tissues. I left her pack where it was, picked up mine, threw it onto my shoulder and left. I was in no rush. No one would find her for the time being. They would have to realise she was missing first.

    “Quinn!!” A girl yelled out behind me. I could hear her heels click-clacking behind me as she ran to catch up. Out of breath, she latched onto my arm and whispered “The cops are here.”

    “So?” was my only reply, not even bothering to look at her.

    “Aren't you worried?” she asked, looking up at me with wide, fear-filled eyes.

    “I will be if you don't start acting normal.” I muttered under my breath.

    With a sigh she leaned her head against my shoulder and continued to walk in silence. Her heels kept on their annoying clicking the entire way. I wasn't sure what annoyed me most about her – her voice or her heels. I was really looking forward to the elevator trip where I wouldn't have to hear her heels at the very least.

    “So, you promise nothing is going to lead back to us?” she asked immediately after I shut the door to her appartment, spinning to face me.

    “No.” I answered just to relish in the sight of the fear back full force on her face. “But I can promise that nothing will lead back to you.” I finished with a grin.