XX

"We still have a world to save you know," Eros mutters against my lips an eternity later.

"M'kay." I vaguely hear myself mumble a sound of assent, before doing the exact opposite of what I'm supposed to do and pull him closer.

"No seriously. We really should go." But he continues kissing me anyway.

His words strike a chord within me though, a faint mumble that grows in unease the longer I'm pressed up against that stone wall.

And then Ay's face pops in my mind.

That jolts me out of my daze in an instant.

"Crazy ex-pharaoh," I breathe out as I slap a hand (that had been busy messing up the hair on his head before) on his chest and force myself to pull away, ridiculously aware of Eros's hooded eyes and the way they're trained on the appendage they'd been attached to just a moment ago.

He clears his throat, an action that vibrates through my body (and further reminds me of how close we'd gotten) as he reluctantly untangles my legs from his waist and gently sets me down."R-right."

"Yeah. S-so." I find myself stuttering as I smooth down my skirt (did I really just wrap my bare legs around him like a harlot? Without underwear, no less! Oh shizzle), somehow unable to look him in the eye without blushing like an adolescent schoolgirl.

So I focus on his nose. His beautifully straight n- ANYWAY. "Eiffel tower it is?" (I give myself a mental pat on the back for neither stammering nor throwing myself back at him like my hormones are screaming for me to)

Eros manages a nod in response, thankfully looking as stunned as I feel as he collapses against the other wall and tries to smooth out his rumpled shirt. "Give me a moment."

In an effort to distract myself from his mussed hair (oh bleep did I really cause that?) I end up leaning against the wall beside him and running Ay-confrontation scenarios and various scenes of dead cats through my mind. Anything to cool down those blasted hormones that are the reason why I can't seem to get my hands off him (at least, that's what I keep telling myself).

The fidgeting beside me dies down then, so I turn to him, deliberately staring at his nose and fighting the urge to drop my gaze. "Ready?"

He opens his mouth to reply then, but I never get to find out what he is about to say because at this moment my back erupts in a pain so agonizing I can't help but cry out.

The last thing I see is a cat-shaped shadow dashing across the alley and Eros's horrified face before it all goes dark.

#

I already know where I am before I even open my eyes.

"What the Hell do you think you're doing in my kingdom, necromancer spawn?"

Yep. Suspicions confirmed.

I squint up at the furious form above me, unsurprised. "I got swiped by a mutant cat."

Hades let out a string of unintelligible grumbles at that, stalking back to his throne as I rise to my feet. "When I get my hands on that bastard pharaoh I swear I will throw him into the lowest level of Hell!"

Ouch. Ay really must have pissed him off when he popped back into the world of the living if His Majesty is prepared to throw him into the pits of the worst city in the kingdom.

"Isn't that a little too harsh?" I can't help but ask, even though I honestly don't like Ay much either (and that's quite a large understatement). "Don't you throw the demons there?"

"Harsh?" The king of the Underworld lets out a scoff at that. "If I had my way I would have ripped him to shreds and scatter his remains into the fire! Stupid advisors think that would lead to riots so I couldn't do that." He actually pouts at that. "Damn them all to Hell!"