Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine

"Is this her?" Asked Francis pointing out to the picture in front of him.

Jenna stared at the old faded photo stuck on to a battered yellow page. The person in the picture stared back at her with a broad smile and a wild glint in her eyes.

After explaining the happenings of the night to Francis, he had produced an old notebook of his which contained notes and photos taken by him. The picture that he now pointed to was a little unclear and in black and white but it was very easy to recognise the person in it.

"Yes, that's her," said Jenna in a voice laden with fear and anticipation.

"Now look at this," said Francis as he flipped the page over and pointed to anoter picture.

The sight in front of them made Tyler and Jenna sick in  the pit of their stomachs.

The girl... Her body was twisted into an awkward impossible angle, her face contorted in a look that only could be described as a combination of pure evil and absolute fear.

Francis turned the page again. They looked at the next picture.

The same girl now looked strangely different. You could tell it was her and yet you knew immediately that that it wasn't her. She looked like she was levitating off the ground. Her face was chalk white and features were harsh. Her bright blue eyes radiated hatred. Her body looked strong and powerful. Just staring at the picture was enough to instill utmost fear into its onlooker.

Jenna gingerly turned the page but the remaining pages had no photos just long notes that looked like a documentation of some sort.

She closed the book and looked up at Francis.

"What is all this?" She asked him.

"This my dear girl is the story of Michelle.

Michelle who was possessed.

Michelle who was exorcised.

Michelle who battled an unrelenting spirit.

And Michelle who died thirty years ago."

"But I just met her!"

"No, Jenna. You did not meet her. You met someone or rather something who wanted you to believe that you were meeting her."

"But, I don't understand..."

"Let me explain. Remember when I told you that whatever is happening to you now, happened once before thirty years ago?"

Jenna nodded.

"Well, thirty years ago it all happened to Tom and Kate's only daughter, Michelle.

Michelle was young and a complete free spirit. Even in those days she was very liberal in her thoughts and was brimming with enthusiasm. She was like a breath of fresh air in this otherwise boring little town. She was outspoken, adventurous and never cared about any rules or norms. Everyone loved her and feared her at the same time. But all of us respected her.