Chapter Three

A/N : I know this took a little long to upload but hope it is worth the wait!!! I've noticed that I am getting a lot of reads, but hardly any votes -sniff- -sniff- :(

<<=======   Do click on the Vote button here!

Enjoy Reading!!

Jenna sat panting on the park bench outside, trying to make sense of what just happened. She closed her eyes and leaned her head back and was just feeling calmer with the sun’s rays hitting her face when she felt a cold hand on her shoulder and someone said, “Hey, are you ok? I saw what happened inside there.” Jenna opened her eyes to see a vaguely familiar face looking down at her. The girl in front of her smiled kindly and continued, “You dropped your bags, so I thought that I would bring them to you and see how you doing.”

“Thanks! I am Jenna.” replied Jenna, smiling gratefully at the girl. The girl sat down beside her on the bench and said, “I am Michelle.”

“Are you Kate and Tom’s daughter? I knew you looked familiar!”

Michelle’s face clouded with an almost angry like expression and said, “Yes. I am. How do you know them and what did they tell you about me?”

“Well, I just met them today for the first time. I saw your photo at their house and when I asked them, they said that your name is Michelle and that you are their daughter. Nothing else.”

“Are you sure that they didn’t say anything else?”

“Positive. Why? Is anything the matter?”

Michelle, visibly relaxed, “No! No! No problem at all. It is just that I had a fallout with them some years ago and now we don’t live together anymore. The fight was pretty bad and we sort of disowned each other. So, I suggest that you don’t mention to them that you met me or they wouldn’t like it at all!”

“Hmmm, I won’t then,” smiled Jenna, “But where do you stay? Bedhill is such a small place. I am sure that living in the same area must be uncomfortable.”

“Oh! I don’t stay around here! Where I stay, only I know. It is quite a distance from here and I come to Bedhill only when the need arises. Not many people talk to me here. I am glad I came here today though. It looks like I just might have found myself a new friend!”

Both of them sat back in comfortable silence on the bench, occasionally passing comments about passers-by and giggling with each other. Jenna had almost forgotten the book store incident when she realised that people were staring at her in a weird manner.

“Michelle?”

“Mmm?” mumbled Michelle without opening her eyes.

“Oye! Listen! Is there something the matter with me?”

“Nope. Why do you ask?”

“Well, almost everybody passing by is looking at me like I have horns growing out of my head!”

“Hahaha!! Ignore them! They are probably looking at you that way because you are talking to me. I told you I don’t have friends out here. When my parents and I got into a fight, almost the entire village was on their side. So no one really likes me here and usually they avoid me like plague. I guess, looking at you having a conversation with me must be very odd to them!”

“If that is the reason, then I don’t care! I like you and that’s all that matters to me!”

“Awww! That’s the nicest thing that anyone has said to me in forever! But just for your sake, I suggest that we don’t meet here in the middle of the village next time. I will give you my cell number and we can arrange and meet up somewhere where there are no pointing fingers. But please please do not tell anyone about me!”