Chapter Four

A/N: Ok! I know this has taken forever but it is finally up!! Hope the chapter is worth the wait! Do let me know what you think about it . Leave a comment at the end of the chapter and don't forget to hit the vote button if you like the chapter!

<======== The Button is right ther!!

________________________________________________________________________________

The sound of banging woke Jenna up. She opened her eyes and saw her balcony doors slamming open and shut violently. Every time the doors slammed shut, the entire wall shook. Terrified, Jenna glanced at the clock by her bedside. The illuminated dial showed that it was still 4.30 in the morning. She got off her bed and carefully made her way to the balcony doors recalling that she had shut them just after dinner the previous night. She caught the doors before they banged shut once more and glanced outside. A chill breeze sent a shiver down her spine. 

As she pulled the doors shut, she heard a scraping sound coming from the outside.  She stood silent with her ear to the door and she heard the sound again. Curious, she pushed the doors open and stepped out onto her balcony and peered over the railings. All was silent.

Jenna suddenly heard a sound coming from her right hand side. She turned to look and something jumped out of the branches of the tree and onto her. She shrieked and jumped backwards. Terrified, she looked around to see what had attacked her and almost started laughing when she realised what it was. A huge black cat was covering down at one end of the balcony looking more scared than she was!

“Oh you poor kitty! Did I scare you? Come here! You look so cold!”

She bent down to pick the cat up and as she did so, it savagely scratched her arm. She dropped it down immediately. Hissing, the black cat jumped onto a branch of the apple tree and disappeared into the darkness.

Shaking, Jenna went back into her room and locked the doors behind her. She looked down at her arm and saw a huge cut across her left forearm that was dripping with blood. She swore and went to her bathroom and pulled out the first aid box and began cleaning herself. Once she was done, she went back and got into bed.

The next time she woke up was to her mother gently shaking her. “Honey, wake up. Your car should be reaching here in about half an hour’s time.”

Jenna winced as her mother touched her injured hand. She sat up and recounted to her mom the happenings of earlier that morning. Perplexed her mother examined her arm. A long red gash ran from her left wrist all the way up to her elbow.

“Get dressed and come down. I’ll give you some antibiotics for this to prevent any infection. We have no idea where that cat came from or where it has been and it is better to be safe.”

Jenna got off her bed and headed into her bathroom. She stepped under the shower and turned on the tap. She almost screamed as burning hot water started hitting her skin. She tried turning off the tap and suddenly the water turned freezing cold. She made a move to jump backwards when she felt something slimy run down her back. Jenna started screaming as loudly as she could when she realised that instead of water, a red sticky liquid closely resembling blood, flowed out of the tap and on to her body.

Pulling on her bath robe, Jenna rushed down the stairs and to the kitchen where both her parents were. Gasping for breath, she said to them, “There is something wrong with my shower. First there was burning hot water coming out. I tried turning it off and then it was colder than ice. When I tried stepping out of the shower, blood started flowing out from the faucet.”

“Calm down honey,” said Richard as he stood up, “I will go have a look right away.”

As Richard made his way upstairs, Pat put a small tablet in Jenna’s palm. “Have this now after you eat. Let me take a look at your hand once more,” she said as she gently pushed Jenna’s bath robe up her arm. And there was nothing there! Her arm was as clear as ever with not even the slightest trace of a scratch!