ººChapter Fiveºº

ARES

It's been a week since I've been at Cold Mountain. During that time, I and my men were working on strategy and tactics. All of us know that we should use heavy artillery, such as fireball catapult. The one that most people heard from ancient stories. To be honest, this pack is one of the most mysterious, no one actually knew what they were capable of, therefore a need for ancient weapons. The rumour has it that the source of their power is the ancient ice magic, well, at least that's how the crowd calls it. However, when I was younger I heard that some kind of ancient force still exists among the packs. I never knew that it was true, and I still don't believe it.

Even though I had to do all the planning, there wasn't a day that I didn't think about Kayla, her scent; light mango, emerald eyes, soft and pink lips, her fucking stunning moans. Those moans. I had to maintain myself, my dick was getting harder every time I think about her. And I think about her fucking a lot...

"Alpha"

"Yes?" I did not pay attention and it was quite noticeable. Only my beta knows the reason for my distraction. It's out of ordinary for me to not be focused during tactical meetings, and it immediately caused some whispers. 

Like I fucking care. 

"It looks like you didn't pay attention to what we were talking about" pointed out Beta Zayn. I could see his smirk shadowing at the corner of his lips. That bastard...

"Apologies, can you repeat one more time?" Zayn nodded and other members of the meeting start to whisper amongst each other, beta and I gazed, awaiting them to finish their gossip. Then he started to talk.

"So, thanks to our scouts, we know that their men are placed everywhere around the packhouse, forest and mountains except this area-" he pointed out the spot on the map, it was was a small canyon. I'm surprised that they found it on the paper. I can assume how narrow the entry whole is. "- for now, it's small but we sent wolves to work on it and make it bigger for the heavy weapons. After entering through this gorge we will be able to attack in one day"

"Good work, if we go that way we will eventually end up on the field from where we can have a full view of the fortress, and strike. But it's quite risky, they can spot us quickly, we have to work fast if we want to attack first and get an advantage.'' we discussed the details and after that meeting was over as everyone spread up...

I'm going to have this land and my dear Kayla, you're destined to be my trophy.

KAYLA

Through all following week, most of my time I was in the library. Every time I fall asleep I had a vision of the boy, and every time I see him I am more convinced that it's Ares. I read through half of the books, and it still didn't give me anything satisfying.

I need a break otherwise my mind will explode.

I was hungry, I went downstairs to the kitchen. It was empty so I had free access to the food. Grabbing all the ingredients that I need, I made myself an omelette with bacon and a fresh salad. My tummy wanted more so I also made some tea and thankfully I found some cookies left.

"What's that smell? I'm getting hungry!" I heard Mike's voice in the hallway, a moment later and he was in the kitchen. "Who I see? A ghost?'' Mike crossed his arms and raised a brow, smirking.

I rolled my eyes while turning off the stove "No, it's just me"

"Just You? I didn't see your whole week, as if you faded away" He protested taking place on the chair.

"Don't be so dramatic Mike! You won't get rid of me that easily" I smirked placing all my hot goodies on the plates.

"Yeah, Yeah...I know that. But where were you anyway?"

"I was in the library"

"All this time?"

"Yup. I was looking for any information about Ares's behaviour. Looks like there's nothing specific. According to the books it has been caused by a curse or a spell. "

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure, the books that I read...It's not enough. I have to find another source of information.''

"I know who may help you. He lives on the rogue lands. Old, wise elf. Ha had been outcast for years, on his own will-"

"Why?" I asked raising a brow as I ate my meal.

"His people were terrified of him, they thought his powers were too dangerous for their being, so he decided to be a rogue so they won't annoy him. I know him for some time and I can tell that he's a nice guy''

"you think he can help us?"

"Maybe, worth a shot'' I nodded to his reply and continue to eat. "I'll go with you"

"There's no need. I capable to do it on my own-"

"There!... This is why need coming with you." every word was sharp and sort of aggressive but at the same time soft. It was a sign that I shouldn't argue and just agree. I was silent. If someone asks why alpha obeys someone who is lower by rank, I'll simply reply that Mike is also alpha. If his pack was still alive he would become the next leader. Alpha pressure [let's call it like that] is strong inside him so I can't argue with it. My morals do not allow me to argue. I don't like it. It's a waste of time and energy (unless someone is too eager to die then sure) .

After the meal, we decided to meet up in fifteen minutes. I went to my room, took a very quick shower to finally smell good and changed my clothes. I had some time left so I went to see how's Kye. Walking through the halls made me feel lonely for some reason, memories from that weird evening were in my head now. It made me feel even worse, uselessness and cold emptiness were in my heart, but when I saw my little flower, as I say, every storm inside faded away.

"MOMMY!" she shouted and ran into me. Her voice was echoing through the whole building. She hugged me and I hugged back. I didn't realize how much I missed her.

"You gonna choke me like that, flower''

"I'm sorry! I missed you so much!" she said with laugher

"I missed you too Kye, how are you today? What did you do through all these days?" she told me how she tried to ride a horse without a saddle and how she was trying to hunt. "- but don't worry mommy, I was playing around with Grappy Boris and Mike" she smiled brightly

"Well, good to know honey. Cuz I was getting worried-" I looked around saw a nanny who was cleaning around.

I was about to have a nice girly chit chat with a nanny when Mike enters the room "Don't be Beautiful. I was taking care of her during that time, so she was safe''

"Well that's also good to know'' I said trying to have a serious face, but all of us knew that it's impossible, finally, I laughed. Little Kye and Mike joined me.

Little Kye was happy to see him too. These two share the same vibe, as if they were in their own world. I was really happy because of that. "How's my little cowgirl doing?" Mike asked patting her head. She replied that she is doing awesome. "Well, glad to hear that. I hope you don't mind I'll steal your mom'' little girl nodded.

"Listen, flower...Mommy is going on a secret mission"

"Can I go with you?!"

"But if you do, who will take care of Mr Carrot and Nanny?"

"You're right, I can't..." she let out a sigh of frustration. I gave her a hug and kiss on the forehead saying that I'll try to come back as soon as possible.

"I love you, mommy"

"I love you too flower'' and with these words, Mike and I left her room.